Zeagle Service in UK

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Radders

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I wonder if Scott might know the answer to this

a couple of months ago I took delivery of my first BC - A Zeagle Brigade

I've just come back from 2 weeks in the Red Sea and I was hugely impressed with the Brigade - really comfortable, very secure, loved having the integrated weights and the back inflate style made my trim perfect.
I did shrug off one dive guide saying I should be diving in a "wing" BC as I'm not a technical diver and another dive guide liked my BC alot.

Anyway the BC worked perfectly but I could never really get the pulling on the inflator hose to dump air, I either used the kidney dumps or the release on the inflator but I would be nice to have the option. Looking at the attachment of the hose to the bladder my concern was that pulling hard on the hose might pull the hose attachment off the bladder rather than tilt the valve to release air (at lease I assume that's how it works)

Anyway before I go off diving again i'd like to get it checked and I wonder if Zeagle have a list of recommended places to get it serviced.

This shop is near to me and sell Zeagle products so I will try them but a Zeagle approved place may be better

Zeagle BCD's - BCDs and Wings - Page 1 - Mike's Dive Store, Chiswick, London

Thanks

Scott might be on his way to DEMA this week.

There's a cable that runs inside the inflator hose from the pull dump to the inflator itself. There's a slight possibility yours is disconnected. To check it remove the cable ties at the inflator end and see if the cable is attached to the little silver pin that will then be exposed.

Thanks diver steve.
I'll get some cable ties then have a look.

When diving do you have to pull hard for the dump to work?

As i've said absolutely love the Brigade otherwise.

I wouldn't say it's a hard pull. I just measured mine - I have a Ranger.

As I start to pull - at about 3/4' travel it starts to vent - at 1" travel it's wide open.

DiverSteve gave you a proper answer.

The only thing that I would add is, pull on the inflator to dump it - not the hose. The nflator is directly connected to the cable, where as the hose is not.

Thanks,

Scott

Thanks Scott.
I think I was pulling on the hose more than the inflator.
Its working fine.

I'm sorry your job involves answering questions from idiots like me

Back
Top Bottom