Zeagle stiletto stage/bailout AL80

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hey g1138, i deffinatly agree with you. you can be a terrible diver and pass most certifications.i strive to improve my skills all the time. I will deffinatly take the stage tank on alot of shallow dives to get used to the tank there

Get a CF 19 and sling or mount that to your tank. An AL80 is too big for a bailout bottle. What do you do on vacation? I packed my CF 19 in carryon and it was worth having.
Really? How many times did you have to bail out?

I have the stiletto and its built pretty bulletproof. As for load I would email Zeagle and ask them directly.

Go with the 19 for sure. As the saying goes: 13 if you are shallow, 19 if you are deep, 30 if you want your (emergency) deco, and 40 if you want to finish the dive (just to clarify, finishing the dive with a 40 is a bad idea in most circumstances, I am saying the 40 is too much tank for a rec diver).

Really? How many times did you have to bail out?

None. How many times have you needed to use your Octo?

When diving on Vacation I either dive solo, or mine as well dive solo as any insta-buddy may or may not work. Often they run outta air before I am ready to be done with the dive. In any event, I effectively dive solo. I like a backup when I am diving alone.

I have the stiletto and its built pretty bulletproof. As for load I would email Zeagle and ask them directly.

The stiletto has 30lbs of lift. Tanks/Ponys are generally slightly negative when full, so maybe a pound negative in salt. A pony effectively does very little to your weight/buoyancy. You are fine diving a pony. You are likely ok diving an extra AL80, but you may want more lead in case you empty BOTH AL80'S.

I would not even recommend slinging a bottle until you are well established in your buoyancy and trim control without one. And then as others have said I'd get a 19 and start with that. My route was a 19, then a 40, then doubles, followed by the doubles with a 19 for a few dives, then added the 40 or a 30, and at 300 or so dives I began to sling an 80 -when it was called for or for specific training- and worked on getting as close to each configuration being instinctual before moving on. At less than 24 dives I also need to ask what specific skills in your AOW class did you do to cover using a slung bottle or any redundant air supply? I know in the one I teach I have students sling 30 or 40 cu ft bottles on at least two dives and use them.

But before they do that they need to know, as do you, if the bottle they carry will be sufficent if the stuff hits the fan and they need to use it or if something else is called for. So saying that, what is your SAC rate? How long are you getting out of an al80 at 30 feet? 45 feet? etc. Before you start slinging a bottle you should know this. As for your buddy does he know his? What gas planning method(s) does he use and what was he taught to do for redundancy? There are a number of other items to consider before you start planning 100+foot dives but these will do for a start.

And you can set up your own 19 cu ft stage for 250 bucks or less if you go used.

Back
Top Bottom