Zeagle Tech to BP/W

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wantstadive

Registered
Reaction score
I currently dive a Zeagle Tech and have no complaints with it, but as I get ready to transition into more Tech type diving I am considering changing to a BP/W, (mostly to accommodate doubles). I am wondering if while I am still diving single tank, if it might not be a cheaper move through thre transition, to mount my Tech wing onto whatever backplate I wind up getting. Thank get a double wing later.

If so, how hard is it to mount the Tech wing to a non-Zeagle backplate??

Wantstadive:
I currently dive a Zeagle Tech and have no complaints with it, but as I get ready to transition into more Tech type diving I am considering changing to a BP/W, (mostly to accommodate doubles). I am wondering if while I am still diving single tank, if it might not be a cheaper move through thre transition, to mount my Tech wing onto whatever backplate I wind up getting. Thank get a double wing later.

If so, how hard is it to mount the Tech wing to a non-Zeagle backplate??

Unless you're just deadset on on a non-Zeagle backplate, your cheapest option is to mount your wing on a Zeagle backplate. I did this with a Brigade wing, and it works great. I got the setup, which included SS BP, standard harness with D-rings, keepers, and buckle, along with the mounting screws for under $150. You can use the wing and tank straps that you already have. As I said, it worked for me and I absolutely love it.

Firefyter:
Unless you're just deadset on on a non-Zeagle backplate, your cheapest option is to mount your wing on a Zeagle backplate. I did this with a Brigade wing, and it works great. I got the setup, which included SS BP, standard harness with D-rings, keepers, and buckle, along with the mounting screws for under $150. You can use the wing and tank straps that you already have. As I said, it worked for me and I absolutely love it.

How did you managed to get everything under $150? Its a great deal!

you can put a plate on the tec bc. on page 11 of the owner manual it shows you how.

That price ($150) is fantastic. I called my LDS told them what you were able to get it for and have them try to match it. I'm waiting to see how close they come up with something. My guess is that it won't be anywhere near that cheap.

I would also second buying a zeagle back plate and put your tech bladder on it. Connecting the zeagle bladder triglides to the back plate takes a little time with the 8 bolt/nut sets but it works fine.

I think Zeagle did a fine job in helping people using their regular BCDs transition to a BP. I did this with my Ranger. Of course a friend bought my Ranger so then I bought two wings - one for singles and one for doubles. Which what you ultimately want to do.

Here are a couple of places that sell Zeagle gear for low prices that have good service as I have used both.

http://www.mikesscuba.com/zeagle/zeagleaccessories.htm

http://www.divers-discount.com/viewprod.cfm?&DID=1&CATID=4&objectgroup_ID=370

BTW make your own crotch strap - two 2" triglides, two D-rings, and a couple three feet of soft 2" webbing.

My brigade/escape wing fit fine on a normal backplate, the camband holder things happened to just fit. But for a doubles setup bolts would be the way to go, and you know a zeagle BP will work with current and future wings.

Also, for use with another BP, if the tech bladder does have the same triglide-like things, then you can see if you can run webbing straps through and burn holes with 11" spacing for use with doubles.

Back
Top Bottom