Zeagle Zena Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for all the responses! I really appreciate all the input, I'm trying to educate myself well before buying and it's good to hear a first hand opinion. And I may take you up on stopping in and trying out the Zena, Scubatoys, our daughter goes to school in Denton so we do come up that way.

Fish, you haven't tried your Zena for fit with a wetsuit on? If it fits as you describe with a wetsuit on, then it's definitely too big for you. The straps should only cinch about 1/2 way (or so) down not all the way. It it still fits this way after you've tried it with a wetsuit, go back to where you bought it and have them make it right. They should swap out parts of it until it fits you perfectly. That's one huge advantage of Zeagles, you can basically get a custom fit, and there's no excuse for not getting that.

Thanks for the info Maven! I didn't know this and I pointed out that I had cinched up the entire strap to the salesman and I still had room to spare. He said it will be better in a wetsuit but I still have a lot of room. I hope I don't get a hard time from them when I bring it back.

The thing is if they fitted you in the first place and fitted you WRONG, you should make a stink if they are hesitant to make it right. It's their mistake, not yours and need to fix it for you.

How can you go about getting a good fit on one when you have to buy it online? As far as I know, there is only 1 zeagle dealership in my area and I would rather not deal with them. I'm still trying to decide between a bp/w or a zeagle zena, scout or stiletto. It will be mainly for travel to the caribbean. I have my grace for when I dive in fiji current. :)

Coralcruiser, you can call ScubaToys with your measurements and they have so much experience fitting folks, that they almost always get it right the first time. They send it out to you, you try it on. If it doesn't fit perfectly, back it goes and they swap out whatever component(s) need to be switched and send it back. I believe you only pay for shipping once as well. They'll even send you a couple of BCs to try and send back what you don't want. Also, don't forget your 10% discount for being an SB member.

Since the Zena is a BC you would not normally see in a cold water/drysuit environment, I'm assuming your girlfriend will be diving warmer waters in it. What thickness wetsuit will she generally be using? I'm asking because I'm wondering if she is overtrimmed w/ 18 lbs. I would have guessed closer to 12 lbs., or even less, with a 3 mil suit, which is no problem to get in the Zena. Obviously, this changes some with each person, but just a thought ...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom