Zellet Gets Certified!!!!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fishkiller

Contributor
Reaction score
Mesa Arizona, The all beach no ocean state.
# of dives
100 - 199
Just wanted to post a short note that my son ZELLET can grin larger than I have ever seen on a human.

The full story to follow:

When the instructor Anthony said "Dad he is all yours" I was about 30 feet away, I answered "What do ya mean, all mine?"
"He is now a Certified Diver"

While floating over towards Zellet all I could see was the gleam from his face..

Our first dive together would follow a longer than needed SI but hey we had wanted to jump off the top of the Diver Down II since the day before so we did several times.

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

to Zellet. Hope you two get in plenty of diving in the next few years.

How great to be able to share your love of diving with your son - I'm sure the both of you will have some great dives together!

when my brother got certified, i got excited...
then when we got home and saw his four-year-old son, i asked the kid if he wants to dive like his dad and his uncle... he said yes and i can see his excitement everytime i wash and rinse my equipment in front of him... and he'd even ask me if i'm going to dive with his dad... i just can't wait till the time comes and i'll be diving with him and his dad... i can only imagine how you feel when your son got certified... i'm still single... soon i'll get married and have my own kid... i sure hope i'll still be young enough to buddy up with my child...

sorry... i was just "scribbling" down my thoughts...

My son is 11 and is showing interest. We figure we'll get comfortable and get our gear paid off then we'll sign him up next summer. But in the mean time, we'll take him snorkling etc. I took him with me to the LDS on Friday and he was so full of questions!!!

I can't wait to dive with him as well! We can always use more things to do together especially as he gets older and starts to pull away from mommy!! LOL

Laurel
:froggy:

(Only 8 more posts to go!!!) hehehehe

Congratulations to father and son!

My littleone is 18 months and her mother is a climber, up until 6 months ago we were debating which activity she would follow, diving or climbing. Since then we have learned that she will climb anything and loves being in the water, so I reckon both.

Only 6 and a half years until she can do the Seal team, if she wants to of course :)

I had first started taking my open water certification classes on April 26,2003. A few of the many problems that I had was the fact that I had dragged the regulator through the sand and it free flowed a lot, also I had a B.C.D. that did not fit me very well. I had a farmer john suit on which mad e it tough to move. So I decided to wait until the water was warmer to start diving again.

I got certified on September 14, 2003. I did two dives each day, but the rest on the group did three on the thirteenth and one dive on the fourteenth. I had the same instructor (Anthony) that I did when I went to Saguaro Lake. While under water the instructor and I did the normal skills (mask clearing, alternate air source use, regulator recovery, mask clearing, controlled descent, free descent mask removal and replace, B.C.D. removal on the surface and underwater navigation.) When the third dive was over Anthony told me that we did a few skills that we were supposed to do on the fourth dive. After the third dive my dad and I jumped off the boat that we were on. We spent about a 20-minute break. The two skills that I had trouble with were the mask removal and replace and the C.E.S.A., because instead of just lightly saying “eeeeee” I was saying it very loudly, causing me to have to take lots of breathes. When I was completely done with my certification my dad and I navigated around and to the boat.

congratulations on your accomplishment. Thanks for posting your "trip" report. I 'm looking forward to hearing about your first trip after gettting certified. Keep up the good work and enjoy the UW world.

How did I miss this thread? Congratulations! Fishkiller, take care of your buddy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom