Zhung Kong Robbed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been broken into in Hawaii and Aruba. Both times I had valuables in my car. I have been to Curacao and Bonaire several times and have left windows down, doors unlocked and have not had a problem. There is crime EVERYWHERE but you just need to use your head alittle bit and don't leave any valuables behind. That's a big lesson I had to learn. Most of these people that are squaking about the crimes in Bonaire probably have theft and even bigger things in their hometown EVERY WEEKEND!!!!! There is no perfect place but use common sense ALWAYS!!!!

That's all good news, as long as they also follow through with cracking down on the petty crime against divers. If not, the cycle just will create itself again.

I've only been to Bonaire 3 times, like it very much and will be returning. We followed the general guidance and had no problems

As Bonaire is so dependent on scuba visitors for their revenue, I would invest some of that money in security for those visitors, so as to not bite the hand that feeds me. No matter how you personally feel about crime on Bonaire, the publicity is not positive.

As Bonaire is so dependent on scuba visitors for their revenue, I would invest some of that money in security for those visitors, so as to not bite the hand that feeds me. No matter how you personally feel about crime on Bonaire, the publicity is not positive.

I agree. When a place is dependent on tourism for its income, they should pull out all stops to ensure that the visitors can feel secure and relaxed. I know that even that does not guarantee that a tourist will not become a victim, but at least there will not be the concern of silly "ground rules" like leaving car doors unlocked etc.

As I see it, they ARE pulling out all the stops ... just doing so on island time. Maybe they feel they have reached the tipping point. Maybe the Netherlands is getting more involved. I don't know. But it is not surprising to me that they have been very slow to react to years and years of gradually increasing crime and are just now starting to do something, it appears.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom