Zuiko 50mm + Inon UCL-165M67

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mr_Pyro

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi!
I've just orderd an Inon UCL-165M67 closeup lens for my Inon 50mm macro port.

What focal lenth will this combination achive?
Would stacking two Inon closeuplenses produce to much image distortion or focus problems? Anyone tried this?

Images produced with zuiko 50mm + Inon UCL-165M67 combo would be much apreciated to have look at!!!

Cheers
/Mr_Pyro

Adding one or two Inons will allow you to get closer to the subject, not too sure in the equivalent focal lenght though. Not much distortion with one or two, I will have a look later to see if I can find some images. I have definitely used this combo very successfully.

With one Inon 165

3239409784_df9b806631_o.jpg

Very nice stuff Andy.

My understanding is that the Inon 165 is a +6.5 diopter. The 50 macro has a 24 degree angle of view, with a +10 diopter it would have a 12 degree AOV. So the +6.5 would be in the 19-20 degree AOV range. The downside to any diopter is that the distance between the end of the lens in this case the diopter and the subject is reduced. The more magnification the closer you will be to the subject given the same focus distance set on the lens. I like to use the Inon 165 in combination with the X1.4 tele converter. The tele converter increases the distance between the lens and subject while reducing the AOV, when the Inon 165 is added the AOV is reduced further but the tele helps retain better distance to subject.

The Inon port is a great to use with this diopter, when the lens is fully extended it sits very close to the port glass giving max distance to the subject.

Phil Rudin

Phil Rudin Bio

Thanks for excelent info guys!
Sweet photos Andy!

So, there wouldn't be any major problems using two Inons, except maybe tricky strobe placement due to the subject beeing very close to the lens.

I realy like the possiblity to use adon lenses with the 50mm.
Does any one have some experience the other way around, ie, using a wideangle adapter with the 50mm? Could be nice to have if a turtle or shark comes by, when one is looking for small critters.

/Mr_Pyro

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom