Aqualung titan lx questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thbcthomas

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have a chance to pick up an aqualung titan lx (I do not believe it is a supreme) with a suunto zoop computer that I was told had only been used for training and less than 5 dives, for $200 usd. Any thoughts good or bad on the reg and computer would be appreciated. Also thoughts on the price.

I believe the computer is an entry level computer but that is all i need. I don't need anything fancy. I currently have an oceanic datamax pro plus 2, but will give that to my 12 year old son.

Any comments will be appreciated.

if you aren't diving in really cold or contaminated water, the reg should be fine. doesn't have the adjustment knob, but at the right price that isn't a big deal.

The Titan lx is a good regulator and if the deal includes a zoop it does sound like a really good deal.

What about the price? Anyone think it is a great deal? Should I go ahead and take it or wait for something else?

It's an excellent regulator. Until recently, the titan used the same first stage design as the conshelf, going all the way back to the US divers doublehose regs. Many experts would say it's the best 1st stage design in history. I think they changed the design somewhat recently, but I'm not sure about it. The LX 2nd stage is, I believe, a simple barrel poppet balanced design, also excellent. The price is fine. The zoop is, I guess, the successor to the gekko, which was a perennial best buy for dive computers. You're right, you don't need much. Dive time, depth, N2 and O2 loading, and NDL is about it for necessary dive data.

It's an excellent regulator. Until recently, the titan used the same first stage design as the conshelf, going all the way back to the US divers doublehose regs. Many experts would say it's the best 1st stage design in history. I think they changed the design somewhat recently, but I'm not sure about it. The LX 2nd stage is, I believe, a simple barrel poppet balanced design, also excellent. The price is fine. The zoop is, I guess, the successor to the gekko, which was a perennial best buy for dive computers. You're right, you don't need much. Dive time, depth, N2 and O2 loading, and NDL is about it for necessary dive data.

I believe they are now using the more compact mikron 1st stage instead of the conshelf design.

Yes, if as described, a good deal.
Keep the ProPlus yourself and let the kid do the homework on the new computer, and if you've got ageing eyes the ProPlus has nice big numbers.

Yes, if as described, a good deal.
Keep the ProPlus yourself and let the kid do the homework on the new computer, and if you've got ageing eyes the ProPlus has nice big numbers.
Thankfully i have perfect vision, but unfortunately my 12 year has horrible eye sight. I will let him choose which one he is most comfortabl with.

Back
Top Bottom