$100 to service my ATX 200 Primary WTF??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeFerrara once bubbled...

Trident is a supplier for all kinds of scuba odds and ends. The bad news is that they'll only sell to shops.

Figures that they only sell to shops. No biggie...will just keep looking. Have managed to find all of the manuals that I need (bought 2 and found a "hidden" site with the other) so its just a matter of time. Found service manuals for about 20-30 other regs out there. Some were easy to find, others not so easy. Parts on the other hand are still elusive...but working on it.

will they still sell to you? :) (Trident, that is?)

How about Global?

Care to do some business? :)

Genesis once bubbled...

How about Global?

Shouldn't Trident be on your list of manufacturers? Noticed they weren't there.

Signed the petition also. Been meaning to do that for a while now.

Shouldn't Trident be on your list of manufacturers? Noticed they weren't there.

.... was sent a copy of the letter that went out to gear vendors, and did not respond in any fashion.

Genesis once bubbled...

How about Global?

PM sent

you can question everything on an apeks. seeing as this was a first service after buying it off the net don't complain about the kits or crown. you don't know how well it was taken care of. buying from an authorized dealer is not a rip when you consider this if your life we are talking about. if you get hurt on a reg they serviced then you have protection. if it hasn't been serviced or was done with aftermarket parts you are screwed. any apeks or usd reg doesn't have to be serviced every year. if they pass a bench test then its ok to let them go. one thing though make sure the tech uses crystolube there are no lubes better.

you can question everything on an apeks. seeing as this was a first service after buying it off the net don't complain about the kits or crown. you don't know how well it was taken care of. buying from an authorized dealer is not a rip when you consider this if your life we are talking about. if you get hurt on a reg they serviced then you have protection.

Yeah, right.

A new reg bought off the net, in the box, never used, has nothing to be "taken care of." At least it doesn't if the manufacturer produces quality products in the first place.

If they do not, then you shouldn't buy their gear irrespective of where it comes from.

"You have protection." Really? Show me just one tech or shop that will take my place and die for me at 110' if they screw up. Or even better - show me one shop or tech that will give me a written waiver of any of their "corporate defenses", putting them squarely and personally on the hook in terms of liability, if they screw up and hurt or kill me.

It'll never happen - you can't show me ONE such tech or shop, because they don't exist.

NOBODY cares more than I do that my gear is assembled correctly, has no damaged parts in it, and is working properly. NOBODY. It is a simple fact that since its my azz down there at 100'+, I'm the one who cares the most about it being done right.

It is a near-certainty that if the crown in the first stage was damaged it happened when the tech REMOVED IT. Whether the reg was purchased from an "authorized dealer" or not, if he damaged it, it is his responsibility to replace it without charging the customer, since the damage happened due to his incompetence.

It is almost impossible to damage a crown in normal diving use. In fact, unless the tech produces the crown with evidence that it was damaged by something like salt-water intrusion (in which case the corrosion damage should be evident all over the interior of the first stage) that guy owes the owner of the reg a new crown at his expense (in this case, he owes him a refund and an apology, since he already ripped him off.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom