109, G200, AIR2 Advice-Worth Servicing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually, Bryan at VintageDoubleHose.com (VDH) does service the older Scubapro gear like this and he also sells parts for the DIY.

...r.

OK, I stand corrected. That is good news.

Actually, Bryan at VintageDoubleHose.com (VDH) does service the older Scubapro gear like this and he also sells parts for the DIY.

I agree with what has been said about that shop. I would avoid them. This is perfectly good gear.

Hi Luis,
While Byran has the capability to service older Scubapro gear, he doesn't necessarily have the time to do it. I contacted Bryan some months ago to do some vintage Scubapro reg overhaul/upgrade work and he told me he had too many projects going on and actually referred me to Couv to have the work done. Which is what I did. :)

I'm caught up for now and have the opportunity to service regulators for new customers. I adjust my workload to allow plenty of time to concentrate on each regulator that comes in. Luis and I talk several times a week so he knows whats going on sometimes before I do:)

Just so you'll know, I'm still diving my Scubapro MkV (with an updated cap and environmental unit), and AIR I regulator. Scubapro made and makes great regulators, and I still have my lifetime warranted card.

SeaRat

The shop flat out lied to you. If they would have said that to me I would have told them to their face and called the supplier of their gear to tell them how they are representing them.

I have 2 MK10's with 200/109's and 2 MK16's with a 250/109 and d300/380. All of them was serviced 2 weeks ago. 1 MK10 had a full rebuild.

I may have missed it but what was the name of the shop?

My daughter has gotten the diving bug and is recently certified. She will be a marine biology major this fall at Nova Southeastern. We have invested in the usual stuff, mask, fins, boots, wetsuit. She rented the rest for class and certification. I have a set of Scubapro I used to dive with and it has not been serviced for probably 10 years.(Life got in the way to keep diving)

I have a G200, 109(which was last serviced about 10 years ago) and a first generation AIR2 on a BC that is to big for her. I took the gear into a reputable shop in the Chicago area and was told with no hesitation that none of the gear can be serviced and/or upgraded. Of course they would like a new sale, but this equipment served me very well and if it can be serviced and passed down, (and worth it) I would prefer that then buying her new equipment.

Can I get these units serviced? Should I get them serviced?

Any suggestions or comments are greatly appreciated,

Brian

A few months ago, Lone Star Scuba (Ft. Worth, TX) confirmed that they would service my MK 5's (which preceded your MK 10) and my 109/156's. While I chose to have SB member 'Couv' handle the work for me, they would be a 'plan B' for me if necessary. This dive shop is 'tech' oriented and has been in business for a LONG time, so it's an example of a good LDS that's not BS-ing it's customers.

.......new Oceanique equipment......

I hope most of you have seen this, as it's another big problem. How many shops speak poorly of one brand because they sell another? I knew a shop that spoke poorly of one brand (made in the same factory as the gear they sold), who later became dealers of that brand and spoke poorly of the first brand they sold. Then they dropped both, called them both garbage, and switched to a third brand.....that was made in the same factory.

Thank you to everyone who has responded, I was amazed when they said they could not service it. I have talked with Bryan already and I will be sending my equipment to him to service. While I would like to give a local business, business, I will need to find a shop to buy a BC and computer for my daughter, so any suggestions would be very appreciated.

I did reach out to ScubaPro after I found the receipts for the equipment and they said someone would get back to me after Jan. 4th.

Thank you to everyone who has responded, I was amazed when they said they could not service it. I have talked with Bryan already and I will be sending my equipment to him to service. While I would like to give a local business, business, I will need to find a shop to buy a BC and computer for my daughter, so any suggestions would be very appreciated.

I did reach out to ScubaPro after I found the receipts for the equipment and they said someone would get back to me after Jan. 4th.

You may want to hold off until after you hear from Scubapro to avoid losing your warranty if they will still honor it.

A few months ago, Lone Star Scuba (Ft. Worth, TX) confirmed that they would service my MK 5's (which preceded your MK 10) and my 109/156's. While I chose to have SB member 'Couv' handle the work for me, they would be a 'plan B' for me if necessary. This dive shop is 'tech' oriented and has been in business for a LONG time, so it's an example of a good LDS that's not BS-ing it's customers.

Just to be clear:

Like a lot of other folks here on ScubaBoard, I am a just hobbyist. I buy regulators on Craig's List, eBay, ScubaBoard etc., and do my best at refurbishing them. I would keep every one, but in order to support my habit, and make room in my all too small closet, I sell some. I usually don't get involved in repairing or servicing other people's equipment; however, Bryan was up to his ass in alligators so he put Scubafanatic and a few other folks in touch with me to give himself a bit more breathing room to focus on the all important Kraken project.

Bryan and RSingler are great guys and will take good care of anyone without taking them to the cleaners.

Couv

rsingler View Profile: rsingler - ScubaBoard - Scuba Diving Forum - Diving Social Network

Bryan http://www.vintagedoublehose.com

Edit: I posted the above before seeing Bryan's post....sorry for the overkill.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom