Question MK17 serviceability going forward

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diversa

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm in the market for a new reg and can get the SP MK17e for quite a good price, but I know they have been recently discontinued in favour of the MK19e. This has me somewhat hesitant to acquire what I'm hoping to be a long-term reg that may become unserviceable in the future, I don't service my own gear & don't want to be forced into a replacement unit in a couple of years. Is this is a real risk (should I bite the bullet and go MK19 despite not needing the turret) or is it similar enough to the MK19 that it will remain serviceable?

(PS - apologies if this has been discussed somewhere else - I've spent countless hours looking the reg advice on here which is what eventually lead me to this unit in question, but the posts are slightly dated)

My chart shows that the MK17, MK17 EVO, & MK19 share the same kit # 10-117-045.

MK19 EVO uses kit #10-719-045 which has some unique parts: Poppet and (2) O-rings which would make it not work for the 17, 17 EVO, or 19

I belive that @BoltSnap has said that the MK17 is still in his catalogs for '23 so I hope he will drop in with confirmation or correction.

I belive that @BoltSnap has said that the MK17 is still in his catalogs for '23 so I hope he will drop in with confirmation or correction.

Yes, the MK17/S600 and MK17/C370 and the MK17 by itself are still listed in the EMEA catalog and I can order them no issues.

I personally would have no worries about long-term support of the MK17 Evo. Even after it has stopped being sold, it will likely be supported with service kits for a very long time.

Even after it has stopped being sold, it will likely be supported with service kits for a very long time.

Yes, this is typical SP tradition, they support their products with service parts for a very long time after their EoS.

Back
Top Bottom