Regulator Frustrations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As to the yoke leak, I'd be curious as to the height of the projection of the sealing surface compared to the ones that are successful.

1647287962573.png

and:

1647288483603.png

Regarding the drift/creep - seems a seat issue - so strange that both of yours seemed to do it...

consumable manufacture issue?
1647290338346.png
Assembly/QA/QC?

(image below was in another thread previously)

1647290495115.jpeg

Or a bad main component (again odd to develop over short time)...

I just got an email that they've been shipped back to me.
@LandonL - I'd certainly like to hear from you guys as to the findings...

Ok since I am a total rookie at this but how do you adjust the second stage without the air on???
I thought you use a second stage adjusting tool inline with the hose and IP gauge connected to the second stage...You adjust the orifice with the round knob on the tool....how do you do this with the air off?? What am I misunderstanding??

If you don't use an in-line tool, you turn off air, depressurize, remove hose, turn orifice, re-attach hose, turn on air, and test....

Repeat as necessary.
Ok so when using an inline tool you do it with the air on then....I was totally when they said do the adjustment with air off....

I use an in-line shut-off to limit wasting gas... Some are very good at doing this...

So back to the inline tool.....no need to purge or anything else technique sensitive using the inline tool correct?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom