1st stage locked on tank valve (dumbest thing I've done in a while)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Were not all that into warning labels and safety-**** over here. We just let people learn the hard way that if they wanna be dumb, they better be tough :eyebrow:

>>>>I would unscrew the knob and take the valve apart carefully, stopping as soon as I hear some air coming out waiting as long as needed until the pressure comes down to 14 PSI.

>>>>I would unscrew the knob and take the valve apart carefully, stopping as soon as I hear some air coming out waiting as long as needed until the pressure comes down to 14 PSI.

You mean like this?
OT-01-02_04.jpg

But this means that you have to empty the whole tank, right?

The (DIN) valve in question looked like these (to the left and right, not the one in the middle):

halcyon%20tank%20valve.jpg
DIN-and-Yoke-Tanks.jpg

I.e., unlike the yoke valve shown above, in the middle, the valve in question did not have an opening on the opposite side of the knob.

Yes, exactly like this.
It does not matter what the valve looks like.
I has a knob and a way to reach inside it.
Once the tank is empty you can remove the regulator and nothing is damaged.
BTW I'm in Brussels now on a business trip.
Very nice city with very friendly people.:D

Yes, exactly like this.
It does not matter what the valve looks like.
It has a knob and a way to reach inside it.
Once the tank is empty you can remove the regulator and nothing is damaged.
BTW I'm in Brussels now on a business trip.
Very nice city with very friendly people.:D

Thanks for the confirmation!

I'm glad you liked Brussels and did not meet any unfriendly people (they exist everywhere)! :)

Cheers,
LarsB

The valve is the best solution I have read so far. I made this mistake once, but there was an LP hose on the device. It was easy to deflate with that. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom