2009 SB Fitness Exercise Challenge!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wednesday 10/7 - Back at the gym this morning - always feels really great. Elliptical (38 minutes - 3.08 miles and approximately 465 calories); stretching.

Yesterday Tuesday did Elliptical for 20 minutes and 20 minutes weight training. Today is given a rest day.

10/6 Tuesday: Swim laps on/off 1.5 hours

Glad you feel better Sarita

Glad you feel better Sarita

Thanks Kathy! I am feeling a bit better - enough to exercise, but not 100% still - and unfortunately, it is all nasal, which means I probably won't be able to dive this weekend, which is really sad. Alas.

Thursday 10/8 - Warmup - 5 minutes. C25K Program (Week 4, Day 2) - 32 minutes - 2.24 miles - mostly running. Approximately 350 calories. Feeling better about this whole running thing. :)

Okay I need personal motivation and hopefully this will help. I've been away from the gymn for a week now and Thanks-giving is this weekend. Hopefully I'll dive instead of just eat. Well the flu is clearing so back to the gymn I go. I'll keep coming back

Is winter actuall here now???
Almost

Did 30 minutes Elliptical today and 20 minutes weight training. Heard some mixed report about diving in Monterey/Carmel and continuing reading the book for Phil Sammet's tech class. Gonna do a checkout dive in November 24 to 25.

Took the weekend off from exercising. Back this morning, though. C25K - 35 minutes, 2.35 miles and approximately 360 calories. Not included in this is the additional 5 minute warmup that I did. Fun!

Wow what a weekend

9/8 3 hour scuba pool session
9/9 14 hour class 2 cold water dives each over an hour
9/10 12 hour class 2 dives each over an hour
9/11 12 hour class 2 dives over an hour

Excellent! Kinda beat but really wish the class would last two more days ;-).

Sunday:
'Pose' Walking

Haven’t been real motivated to exercise lately. Inclimate weather has killed the cycling habit, and I’m out of the routine of lifting from my fall.
We went for a walk and I realized that I didn’t have any cushions in my shoes, so I took the opportunity to do “pose walking”… basically no heel strikes, but walking or running on the balls of your feet as nature intended.
20 minutes….
Edit: Calves sore on Monday…. definitely had the intended effect!

Monday:
Fitness Cycling

Spent the evening trying out different trainers and rollers at the bike shop. Fluid trainer, Super Magneto Trainer, steel rollers, fixed spinner cycles. Got lots of high cadence and high intensity riding in. Even got the 2nd highest wattage reading on a spinner hooked up with a power meter.
Didn’t expect such a good workout from a bike shop visit!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom