2011 NSS-CDS Workshop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive-aholic

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Don’t miss the 2011 NSS-CDS Workshop in Marianna, FL!

The theme this year is Exploration & Conservation.

Do you think there’s nothing out there left to explore?
Do you think all the virgin cave has already been found and lined?

You’re wrong!

We have several speakers lined up to come talk about current, ongoing exploration projects throughout Florida and the world.

This year’s workshop is dedicated to the memory of Wes Skiles, one of the forefront explorers and conservationists in cave diving. Come join us at the Citizens Lodge in Marianna Friday, May 27 at 7pm to hear some of his closest friends talk about many of Wes’ explorations and projects.

Saturday, May 28, will be held at Chipola College and will provide us with a full line up of explorers who are going to tell us about their current and recent projects. Lunch is provided with paid admission. And there will be great door prizes – a Shearwater Predator dive computer, a Hollis SMS100 sidemount system, and much more!

Sunday, May 29, we’ll head over to Blue Springs Recreational Area (Jackson Blue) for several clinics. This year we’ll have an in-water Rebreather Clinic, an in-water Sidemount Clinic, and clinics on how to best use your Shearwater Predator, the features of the new KISS GEM SCR, an introductory HOG regulator clinic, and more!

Don’t miss this great event held in Jackson County, Florida. While at one point in our history cave diving was outlawed in Jackson County, things have changed drastically. Jackson County may be the best supporter of cave diving in Florida, maybe even in the world. The members of the Tourist Development Council and the County Board of Directors realize that cave divers contribute a lot into the local economy. To show their gratitude, admission to Jackson Blue is free all weekend to workshop attendees. Simply present your workshop badge and get your free pass. That’s a $45 value!

Don’t miss this great weekend!

Registration

NSS-CDS members - $50
Non-members - $60

Includes

Admission to all 3 days events (some clinics require additional payment)
Dive admission to Jackson Blue Saturday, Sunday, and Monday
Lunch on Saturday
T-shirt with early registration

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NSS-CDS Sponsored CCR Experience at Jackson Blue
Cost is $50
includes a copy of Jeff Bozanic's 1st edition Mastering Rebreathers.
Pre-req: must be a certified diver and complete waivers and medical questionnaire forms

Sign up at the Wakulla Diving Center booth during the conference. If we can find a place to meet at the conference, we will make the CCR presentation during the conference.

One hour presentation provided prior to the water work
Bench discussion about rig checks prior to rigging up in water swim on the CCR of your choice for 15-20 minutes
You may try out as many rigs as we have time.

We have the following rigs available for evaluation:
ISC Megalodon
APECS 1.0, 2.5 & 2.7
Jetsam KISS Classic & Sport
VR Tech Ouroboros & Sentinel
Optima Fx
APD Inspiration Vision Electronics
Poseidon Discovery
Apocalypse
and any others that may come in the door in the next 5 months.

I really hope to make this. Glad to see the event has moved back to (imo) the best location possible for it!

Greetings Rob I have been waiting to see where this event was going to be.
I just missed out on my run to JB due to illness so I have vacation that I would love to burn!
Is there a weekend overview available on the NSS-CDS site as of yet?
Thank you for posting.

CamG Keep Diving....Keep Training....Keep Learning!

The information I posted here is also on the CDS site. The schedule is Friday 7pm-10pm, Saturday 8am-5pm, Sunday 8am-whenever clinics finish up, Monday diving. I will post more as I get the details worked out.

Thanks Rob I will have to start rounding people up to split the fuel!
Never know gas could be $5 a gallon by then.
It might be cheaper to fly down what is the nearest airport?
I have a friend who is a pilot.

It might be cheaper to fly down what is the nearest airport?
I have a friend who is a pilot.

Commercial airlines: closest options are Tallahassee and Panama City. I don't recall if Dothan, AL has one or not, but I've never used it. Larger airports are Jacksonville and Atlanta, but they aren't that close.

Pilot friend can fly his own plane right into Marianna. They have a runway.

Dothan does have one, but it is small. There are also airports in Destin and Pensacola. Both cater to the smaller airlines like Jet Blue and Air Tran. Panama City only gets Southwest and Delta. Tallahassee has a few more.

Tallahassee and Panama City are about an hour from Marianna, Destin 1.5 hours, Pensacola 2.25 hours. JAX and ATL 3.5-4 hours.

Thanks guys for the information now all i have to do is rally the troops.
My good dive brother who is going to be in MEXICO over the weekend will not be able to roll with me so I may be solo on this one.
Still working on the details it sounds like a awesome time!
Thanks again for the information and I know it will be great when Rob is in the mix!
Safe diving,

We're hoping for greater than 200 attendees. With that many divers in the area you should have no problem finding a buddy!

Hmm . . . yet another motivation to come to FL in May!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom