2011 NSS-CDS Workshop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting thing is that many of the hotels don't do online reservations ... you have to book by phone (welcome to the 20th century). So when I called, the lady who answered the phone didn't hardly speak English. It was an interesting call ... I had to spell my name for her three times ... slowly ....

B ... O ... B ... :rofl3:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Greetings Bob are you staying for the workshop as well?
I would love to meet you if you are we are arriving on the thursday May 26.
I am thinking that you are taking a class with Rob the week before.
Any other of your group of divers coming?
Take care and safe diving,

CamG Keep Diving....Keep Training....Keep Learning!

I'm staying through the 28th, which means I'll be at Day 1 of the workshop. So we'll have plenty of chance to meet each other.

My class with Rob runs May 22-24 ... then I'll be doing some guided dives with him thru the 27th. I'll be at the workshop on the 28th (still have to register) and hooking up with another SB member (Wayward Son) for a day of diving out of Panama City on the 29th ... and I fly home from PC on the 30th.

If any of y'all want to hook up for dives, drinks, or dinner during that time, drop me a PM and I'll send you my contact info ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Another announcement

As usual, tickets bought before May 15 get a free workshop t-shirt. We'll also have a limited number of workshop Ts available that weekend for purchase. Hint - buy your tickets now so you don't have to pay for the t-shirt later!

In addition to that, the first 100 tickets also come with a limited edition Wes Skiles t-shirt designed by Terri Skiles! The limited edition Wes Skiles t-shirt will have an image of one of Wes' photos, as well as his signature, printed on it. This shirt will not be available for sale at the workshop! Make sure you get one of these shirts! Don't be the 101st ticket!

Still working deals with hotels, but here's the best deal I've gotten so far - Marianna Inn & Suites, 850-526-2900, $55/night for 2 queen beds. This rate includes a hot breakfast, which alone is worth $15-20 for 2 people. They only have about 20 rooms left for the weekend of the workshop. When you call, make sure to tell them you are booking a room for the cave diving workshop otherwise the rate will be $70. I'll post more hotel information in the next few days as I get confirmation.

I just received confirmation that we will be hosting an IUCRR Recovery class the weekend of the workshop on Sunday. There will be a small fee as a donation to the IUCRR and to cover certification processing fees, payable that morning. I'll be adding registration information in the next day or so.

Hi Rob,

Any update on this?

Carl, yes, it's $50 payable in check or cash the day of the class. Half goes to the IUCRR and half goes to the CDS. That's the typical fee for the class. Instruction is free. Class starts at 9 and IIRC lasts about 6 hours. It's already listed on the registration site.

Are you finally going to come dive our caves?

I am registered, so I will see you there. It has been a little over 3 years since I have been diving at Jackson Blue; it will be good to be back. Afterwards, I am headed to the Luraville / High Springs area for the next few weeks of cave diving after the workshop. Maybe sometime in there we can meet up for some dives.

You coming in before the workshop, Carl?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Bob,

I'm planning on arriving Thursday evening, as my schedule has me teaching courses in Texas through Tuesday. What are your plans for Friday?

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom