2023 Light Travel Regulator Recs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am exactly looking at the entire system, not microscopic view. saving 9oz is very easy in the entire system. It is even easily when looking at the entire suite case for travel. I guess if you did everything else, and still need to save 9oz, sure it is what it is.
Meaning you save 200 grams here, 1/2 kilo there, etc and you end up with 5kg in savings when you look at the entire system. You are focusing on the regulator only.

I am looking forward to receiving my Atomic TFX kit and weighing it, fully assembled with LPI hose and transmitter and comparing it to the weight of my current Halcyon single tank reg set.... :D

Even if it's only 1/2 a # lighter, I'm okay with that. I will take comfort in that 1/2 # savings, my ability to not rinse it and also not worry about that (lol!), and the belief that it breathes better than anything else out there - and certainly better than my current Halcyons! :wink:

I am looking forward to receiving my Atomic TFX kit and weighing it, fully assembled with LPI hose and transmitter and comparing it to the weight of my current Halcyon single tank reg set.... :D

Even if it's only 1/2 a # lighter, I'm okay with that. I will take comfort in that 1/2 # savings, my ability to not rinse it and also not worry about that (lol!), and the belief that it breathes better than anything else out there - and certainly better than my current Halcyons! :wink:

Just say: "don't hate me because I am beautiful"

:rofl3:

Meaning you save 200 grams here, 1/2 kilo there, etc and you end up with 5kg in savings when you look at the entire system. You are focusing on the regulator only.
No, I am focusing on the most practical way to reduce weight. my argument is there are many way to save 9oz for much less than the extra cost of Ti, many is next to $0 cost. Now, as I said before in this thread, if you did everything else already, and yet still need to reduce 9 more oz. else you are not making the trip, sure, spend that extra $1200 for Ti reg.

or if you are @stuartv , wealthy and have disposable money to spend, sure why not. May as well buy Helium dive Ti hardware for harness. Halcyon Carbon fiber plate ....

Again, I am not again Ti. I have some. I just won't say they are cost wise practical.

No, I am focusing on the most practical way to reduce weight. my argument is there are many way to save 9oz for much less than the extra cost of Ti, many is next to $0 cost. Now, as I said before in this thread, if you did everything else already, and yet still need to reduce 9 more oz. else you are not making the trip, sure, spend that extra $1200 for Ti reg.

or if you are @stuartv , wealthy and have disposable money to spend, sure why not. May as well buy Helium dive Ti hardware for harness. Halcyon Carbon fiber plate ....

Again, I am not again Ti. I have some. I just won't say they are cost wise practical.

You have a very narrow field of view, looking at one trip and only regulator.

I think I am just very practical and logical. And I won't to return a judgmental call on you
I am just busting your chops. You have been a very good sport and patient. I wouldn't have put up with me.

P.S. I am still right btw
:)

I am just busting your chops. You have been a very good sport and patient. I wouldn't have put up with me.

P.S. I am still right btw
:)
sure, I think we just have to agree to disagree. If one day, experience told me Ti is necessary in dive gear, I will sure let you guys know.

If you REALLY can get away with no rinsing, just letting them dry and stash them… that’s worth quite a bit!

Would make them “Dive op proof”, too.

If you REALLY can get away with no rinsing, just letting them dry and stash them… that’s worth quite a bit!

Would make them “Dive op proof”, too.

I would always rinse them if I can, even though I may not NEED to. But, there are times when I'm in a hurry to get packed up and on the road after a dive, so there are times when I don't rinse my regs like I should. Facts of life...

I'm less concerned about "dive op-proof" because I don't let dive ops handle my gear. The closest I'll let them get is on a liveaboard, they can disconnect my reg from my tank so they can fill the tank. I will usually remember to do that for them, but I don't always.

Otherwise, "do not touch any of my gear" is the rule of the day - every day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom