$290 Millon Dollar PowerBall Jackpot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JimLap:
P.S. I'd also buy matt the wonder boy whatever he needed to dive as deep as he wanted for as long as he wanted. How about a ventilator/rebreather.

here, here or is it Hear, hear?

I do play sometimes. However they just added to 2 more BALLS to the PowerBall, hence the HUGE payoff. Let's face it, the only people that REALLY make money on this is the Government. I'm interested to know why we can build Huge stadiums, fancy government buildings, but can't seem to pay for roads, or SCHOOL systems!! Especially in light of the fact the government makes about 10 milion a WEEK of this STUFF!!!

So they have taken a 1 in 86,000,000 winner odds, and increased it to 1 in 120,526,770 odds. What a bunch of greedy money grubbing SOB's. They get more players when the jackpot is big, and they can make HUGE revenue off the bank before it ever pays off. THEN they don't PAY the winner half the total (like THEY receive) but rather only 25% IF they want cash, and THEN they tax them on this...

Wow, does lotto pay off for OUR government, and I'm not sure how accountable the money is..... As I grow older, I get more cynical, but with good reason... we are getting blead to death, and considering our contry was FOUNDED on the basis of getting out from underneith a government that suxs the people dry, we have proven that history repeats, and that our *new* form of government is just a corrupt and money hungry as past forms of government.... :banghead:

I whole-heartedly agree with several here. Matt, you would have a new sponsor/benefactor! Whatever it takes to get you your dream, you've got it!

Take 1/2 the money and invest it. With the other half, in no particular order:

Pay off all debts

Buy a new house on about 500 acres with enough space for me and Mrs. MtnDiver and the "kids" (aka: dogs, cats, birds).

Buy new vehicles to replace the ones we have with over 150,000 miles on them.

Buy a vacation property or two in various prime diving locations.

Buy all new top-of-the-line dive gear

Buy a plane to fly me and the Mrs. and "kids" to all of our new houses (and of course continue my lessons needed past my current Private Pilot to be able to fly it).

Gracefully "retire" from my current job. Heck, maybe I'll even buy part of the company because they really are a good money maker!

And finally...

Build the biggest, baddest, underwater park ever imagined along the Colorado Front Range complete with year-round diving in a salt water environment complete with marine life, "wrecks", and many other amenities. This place will make the Living Seas exhibit at Epcot look like a kids plastic pool! Onsite dive shop with all of the latest and greatest dive gear (not just ScubaPro) available for rental and/or purchase. Heck, I'll even build a hotel on site to offgass before taking the free shuttle back to the airport for those of you coming in from out of town to dive it. And hay, what the heck, free unlimited memberships for all current Scubaboard members!

SCUBAJENNIFER:
Hey Y'all the Powerball is up to $290 million...with a cash option of $140 million. For those of you who don't know what the Powerball is...It's a multi-state lottery jackpot that we have here in the states. I buy my tickets religiously and I already have my ultimate dive trip all plotted out when I win :14: ...All first class of course! I'm going to make my travel agent one happy fellow :D

My question is...what would you do with the money if you won??

I woud disappear!

I'd just buy and island somewhere, a huge *** boat....and just chill out. though that would be after giving a few of my brother's some cash...my nephews and nieces some cash also. then i leave and not come back. though at this point i'd be happy with a few hundred thousand! :)

I would pay off my house and all of the school loans to make sure I was out of debt. I would donate $15,000,000 to help my aunt complete her dream of building a school for underpriveledged kids. I would buy a large house on the beach somewhere for my entire extended family to use for a vacation destination. The rest would be used to continue living as comfortably as I am now while donating as much as possible to charity. I would of course purchase my own dive equipment and take plenty of trips.

What I would not do is blow it on a huge mansion, booze, women, etc. I would make sure that my winnings benefit as many people as possible.

I would take the "under wealthy" Scuba Board members on trips they could all afford..."Galapagos live aboard...you tip the crew I pay the rest...flight included from anywhere in the world"

I'd build the ultimate dive boat, buy a few houses. Hire Butch Harmon to work on my golf swing. Throw phemonenal parties. Find the Ada Hancock and raise her gold. Fly everyone who's company I ever enjoyed to an awsome beach party for a week. Dance a lot. Drink a lot. Buy Italian cars with poor gas milage.

Of course, I'd spend some foolishly, as well.

I have my eye on this nice house that I saw for sale in Largo at the tip of the channel with a boat lift (asking price 3 million), and enough room for many SB dive buddies to stay. I think I'd HAVE to add a pool and hot tub, but maybe it had one. I'd purchase a boat, hire a captain, a couple DM's and run free charters. It would be the worlds worst money making adventure, but boy, wouldn't that be fun!

I'd pay off every morgage for immediate and extended family as well as all debts, and annual paid vacations so we could see more of one another (we are rather spread out).

I'd put a sizable chunk in investments, and donate the profit to charities, and people like Matt.

A marine biology grant for my wonderful Cuz and Dive buddy Tammy who would never quit working even if I handed her enough to retire on.

Ohh, and I'd start up the worlds biggest money loosing photography business.

Ahh, life would be good, and I'd never step foot in a corporate office with cubes as an employee again in my life!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom