3D (north) view of Ship Rock - Catalina

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveNav

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
here it is .....

shiprock_webmap.jpg

Notice the plateau at ~110ft and the sheer drop off to ~170ft.
Not shown here is the second circular drop off that starts at ~200ft and goes .... down there .... deeper than 300ft.

If you want to get a much closer look ... just use our dive simulator.

Regards

Thanks, Alberto... it's interesting to get the 3-D perspective of one of my favorite dive spots. Some of my deepest dives were to the bottom of the wall off "the northern passage." Lots of great rockfish in that area.

Hi Dr. Bill,
thanks.

We will make sure to have "lot of great rockfishes" in the virtual dive too :D

Happy New Year

AM

Very cool 3d map.. I've been using your Ediving for a while now and it always seems to ease my cravings for diving on those heavy swell days. When are you going to release the buddy diving option to the public?

Hi Dr. Bill,
thanks.

We will make sure to have "lot of great rockfishes" in the virtual dive too :D

Happy New Year

AM

The video footage I sent you of Farnsworth has several of the species I see deep at Ship Rock as well. I've been to 200' on both the north and south sides of the pinnacle. Saw my first windmill worm on the south side at 180 ft.

You guys continue to amaze me with your productivity!

December has been a lousy month for me for diving and possibly the beginning of January for the following reasons: 1. Bad Conditions 2. Going out of town on Non dive related Stuff 3. Holidays 4. Getting sick from coworkers who don't stay home from work since my boss doesn't provide enough sick days. 5. Work. However, Ediving has really helped eased my dive cravings and has helped me to maintain my sanity.

Saw my first windmill worm on the south side at 180 ft.
We need to get you back on the mainland for some Redondo Canyon diving. It's easy, as there are no rocks and the canyon is a very short swim from the beach. There are thousands of windmill worms in about 40-55 feet.

Very cool 3d map.. I've been using your Ediving for a while now and it always seems to ease my cravings for diving on those heavy swell days.

FrankPro1,
I am glad you like our dive simulator :D
Keep using it and tell your friends about it :wink:

When are you going to release the buddy diving option to the public?
Good question ....... I ask the same question - every day - to my engineers .... and their answer is always ....... "soon" :depressed:
But I see progress ... we had a demo version at DEMA and the one we are testing now is much much better.
My plan is to release a beta version of the "Buddy Diving" in January ... (THIS YEAR) :crafty:

AM

...... There are thousands of windmill worms in about 40-55 feet....

Windmill Worm?
Picture please :blinking:

What is the scientific name?

Thanks

...... However, Ediving has really helped eased my dive cravings and has helped me to maintain my sanity....

Hi,
I am glad you like our simulator. Keep using it :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom