500 SE - How does it work?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shouldn't you guys announce the recall of this model?

Hi Dan,

News - DC7 Quality Notice

If you have purchased a 500SE and have not received a quality notice not please contact Hollis customer support at 888-383-DIVE.

It has come to our attention that a small production run of the DC7 regulator first stages were improperly assembled. ONLY DC7 regulator packages with a serial number H7000000 - H7000670 on the first stage are affected. Our dealers have reworked and corrected the issue with many of the units before they were sold.

You can check online to confirm if this rework has already been completed for your product here

If the service was completed, nothing more is necessary. If it was not completed, the problem could allow debris past the inlet filter causing contamination and possible High Pressure Seat malfunction. Discontinue use of your DC7 and SE500 regulator until it receives corrective service. We ask that you contact your Hollis Dealer to arrange the free repair. We apologize for any inconvenience.

! WARNING: DISCONTINUE USE of the regulator first stage until it receives a retrofit/repair. ONLY Hollis Dealers and their trained service technicians can perform this service. Non-authorized persons who attempt the service procedure risk voiding the product's warranty and rendering the product dangerously unsafe for SCUBA use.

Are there any plans to sell the 500SE as a separate part? I have a spare FDX10 that as I understand it is fundamentally the same as the DC7. While I'm not interested in compromising safety, it seems as though I could reasonably save a bit of money and re-use a first stage that I currently have lying around.

Are there any plans to sell the 500SE as a separate part? I have a spare FDX10 that as I understand it is fundamentally the same as the DC7. While I'm not interested in compromising safety, it seems as though I could reasonably save a bit of money and re-use a first stage that I currently have lying around.

Hi Bracko,

Yes the 500SE is available for purchase as a second stage only - PN 240-3625.

thanks, could you perhaps mention that to Hollis Australia.... I've tried two different dive stores and both have come back with a "no, and not likely for a while". Given it's aimed more at the advanced/tech divers I would have thought it a given.

thanks, could you perhaps mention that to Hollis Australia.... I've tried two different dive stores and both have come back with a "no, and not likely for a while". Given it's aimed more at the advanced/tech divers I would have thought it a given.

Hi Bracko,

Thanks for the heads up. The 500SE second stage only will be available through you local dealer soon. In the meantime, feel free to contact our Australian office using the information below.

HOLLIS AUSTRALIA
4 Scotch Court
Rosebud, Victoria 3939, Australia
Phone: 61-3-5986-0100
Fax: 61-3-5986-1760
E-mail: australia@hollisgear.com

My 500SE will free flow at the drop of a hat. And it breathes really strangely when I'm within a few feet under the surface. It almost feels like it tries to free flow in my mouth. Really weird.

Has anyone had any issues with the purge valve properly deploying?

I have two and have only used them in the pool so far so max depth 12 feet but no issues like that, You might want to have it checked.

Nick - this would be a nice addition to the front of the Service Procedure :blinking:

Back
Top Bottom