500 SE - How does it work?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just assembled 2 DC3 regulator rigs with the 500SE as my primary and a 212 as secondary. One of my 500SE free flows on the bench, the other doesn't. I don't see any adjustments. Any thoughts on how to stop the free flow? Or do I just have a faulty unit?

Anyone know where to download the service manual for the 500SE?

Interesting. I just (Nov 2014) bought a 500SE/DC7 combo and it free flowed badly. I returned it to dealer who says they adjusted it. Still have to get it back in the water to see if it works. Strange that the comments on easy free flow seem to still be going on after nearly a year.

Interesting. I just (Nov 2014) bought a 500SE/DC7 combo and it free flowed badly. I returned it to dealer who says they adjusted it. Still have to get it back in the water to see if it works. Strange that the comments on easy free flow seem to still be going on after nearly a year.

Mine doesn't freeflow at all and it's never been adjusted (not sure it can be - did you mean adjust the IP of the 1st stage?). When I first pressurize it it gives a little "burp" but that's normal.

The only time mine has ever free flowed is if I accidentally dropped it while floating on the surface. Given the shape, with the purge "lower" than the mouthpiece when held by the hose, this is to be expected. I have mine of a 5-foot hose and use the provided snap bolt point of the regulator to clip it to my chest when I am on the surface. Doing this, I've never experienced a free flow. I like this regulator enough that I will eventually buy another one to replace the second stage on my other setup.

Mine free flows like crazy. I haven't had a chance to take it in and get it adjusted, but now that I have my other reg set back, I will be able to have the 500se set checked.

Back
Top Bottom