5th Annual Scubaboard Saturday after Thanksgiving Turkey Fry!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am so sore from the diving! And I am quite happy! The way to go is via the tow rope off the kayak! I just hung on. Note: It is easier to be towed without gear on...

Good seeing everybody, and meeting new folks. The weather was fantastic, the water and vis were good. Thanks to Roxanne and Dennis, who always seem to have just what I need on hand. You guys are the best! Thanks to Brew who was a big help gearing up on that first (aborted) dive.

Didn't get a lot of teeth, however I got to be there when Gibbon found his first meg.(you suck) Congrats!

The turkey was better, I think than last year. I got out of the water just in time to get some scraps. Yum. Yum!

Looking forward to our next bash...

It was great meeting everyone. Wished I could have gone diving but it wasn't in the cards.
The food was AWESOME. The collection of shark teeth that was brought up was cool to see.
Need to do this again sometime...>>> by Maneater... still signed in under hubby's login
Hey Maneater,
Thanks for helping me with my stuff to the car...I made it to the dive shop at 4:58pm just in the nick of time. Youre a really nice person...glad I met you!

It was great to meet everyone. My bother and I had a blast. Special thanks to Brent for lending us his dive flag on our second dive since the wight fell off on our first dive(Note: it's really not useful to see your dive flag underwater... lol) and a thank you to Barbaralove to let my brother use one of her beach chairs to take a load off. Again thanks to all for putting the event together.. the turkey was awesome.

This being my first shore dive I only lost 3 items
1) Cheap walmart stop watch
2) weight off the rented dive flag
3) Mesh bag to hold teeth (I found a tooth went to put it in the bag and noticed the bag was no longer on my wrist..)

Morale of the story is secure everything. :)

Can't wait to see you all at the next event.

Ivan

Hi Ivan,
Nice to meet you too...The scuba shop in Venice sells shark tooth mesh bags w/clip that hooks to a D ring on your BCD. I bought one well worth the 8 bucks so you don't lose your treasures. Let me know when you want to dive Anna Maria Island or Venice and I'll meet you there.

OK SPILL!!! What is your secreat???
How do you find so many???
You Rock???:bang::bang::bang:
Thanks for the kind words, and I was asked this question many times during the day. At one point I was accused of fudging my numbers and then I was accused of heading out with teeth in my bag! :D

But HERE is the secret. It's not much of a secret, but it works for me!

GET CLOSE AND GO SLOW!!!

Yep, that's all that there is to it and you really can't go slow enough. I would have gotten more, but the cold and short fills only let me have 2 hour dives. :D

BTW, Rainreg and I scoped out Service park and then the park at the end of Harbor Drive. We are going to try both, but the hike from the parking lot to the ocean at Service Park is NOT for the easily winded. It is LOOOOOONG!

Oh yeah... pay attention! There were four of us talking in the walkway between the beach and the parking lot. There laying by someone's foot was a shark's tooth. They're EVERYWHERE!

Here's a few pictures of the day. This first one is when the wind caught one of the shelters. . .
18.jpg

Lunch is served!
25.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom