7/11 Maui pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Today's dive was at Marty's Reef at 60 feet.

IMHO I think a black subject underwater is the most difficult to photograph. I probably took 20+ photos of this Frogfish and these two were the best of the lot.

Commerson's Frogfish
1.jpg

Commerson's Frogfish
(close-up lens)
2.jpg

Zebra Moray
3.jpg

Very nice!!! I agreee it is very hard to balance out a picture of a black frogfish. Did you take the picture in RAW?

Very cool.

I'm seriously thinking about getting an Oly underwater rig as my dedicated underwater rig, instead of building a full kit for my Nikon D100... people seem to be getting good results with the little Oly's, gosh dernit....

justleesa:
Very nice!!! I agreee it is very hard to balance out a picture of a black frogfish. Did you take the picture in RAW?

That's a negative on the RAW. My C4000Z doesn't have RAW capability.

wonderful moray eel, nice job on the frogs.

It's almost impossible to get a good photo of a black Frogfish Jim but these are terrific.
The only decent shots I've gotten is one that was covered in sand in a heavy current. Good job on those.

Wow, I love those frogfish! Nice shot of the eel, also.

Back
Top Bottom