750 pound Mako gaffed and killed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You might want to remove that post.. 99% of the people here consider them complete IDIOTS for killing a shark of that size.. Think about it :D

I personally don't care. I know a lot of people on here are against that. I am on the ocean around 150 days a year and I actually know what is out there. I see makos all along the Atlantic coast and there are plenty out there. Killing a few a year isn't going to make them extinct. I bet almost everyone griping about this eats shrimp with a 90-95% bycatch rate. No one is complaining about all the thousands to tens of thousand juvenile fish that are killed each tow not to mention that most of the shrimp is imported from countries that kill and eat turtles. People only support a cause when it is convenient for them. As for the mercury I have had 2 mercury blood tests in the past 5 years and I am fine.

I personally don't care. I know a lot of people on here are against that. I am on the ocean around 150 days a year and I actually know what is out there. I see makos all along the Atlantic coast and there are plenty out there. Killing a few a year isn't going to make them extinct. I bet almost everyone griping about this eats shrimp with a 90-95% bycatch rate. No one is complaining about all the thousands to tens of thousand juvenile fish that are killed each tow not to mention that most of the shrimp is imported from countries that kill and eat turtles. People only support a cause when it is convenient for them. As for the mercury I have had 2 mercury blood tests in the past 5 years and I am fine.

Ok I am just glad someone knows better than the researchers who study all that..

You might want to remove that post.. 99% of the people here consider them complete IDIOTS for killing a shark of that size.. Think about it :D

Being an idiot is allowed. Defining idiots is tricky, is every person that removes a fish from the water an idiot?

Killing sharks is legal or illegal depending on size and species. I just hope that Law Enforcement agencies apply the resources needed to catch the people killing sharks illegally.

I also would like these agencies to cut the throats of poachers and for this coming winter to not be too cold in the panhandle of FL. Let's see how it works out.

Ok I am just glad someone knows better than the researchers who study all that..

What do you think I am...

I agree too I am not for killing a shark just for the sake of killing it. It is just a guess but I bet my pictures of me standing on a dead elephant won't go over very well on here.

What do you think I am...

You said you KNOW whats out there. Either you do or you dont.. The people out there everyday dont know what is there anymore.. So how do you KNOW whats there?? I was just going by your comment. :D

I would like to point out a little something which I share with the world as part of every post I make here on ScubaBoard:

It is better to remain silent and appear dumb, than to speak and remove all doubt.

This is advice some people here should follow :D. And FWIW, I agree with Onespeed that as long as this was not a trophy kill and the shark will feed people AND it was obtained legally, then I say all the power to them. If it is endangered, wasted or caught illegally then I say poke'em with lionfish and fry em up for the sharks to feed on :D.

I would like to point out a little something which I share with the world as part of every post I make here on ScubaBoard:

It is better to remain silent and appear dumb, than to speak and remove all doubt.

This is advice some people here should follow :D.

And I would like to repeat the sage words of Ron (Tater Salad) White during an encounter with the law.

Apparently, I have the right to remain silent. I just don't have the ability.

:rofl3:

If they caught the shark legally and ate it I say more power to them. The shark fisherman that piss me off are the ones who hang the carcasses at the docks as trophies only to be discarded later.

I find myself again agreeing with ONESPEED... within the law, eat the catch.. enjoy.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom