8-30-09 Dive Stop report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

piffle

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Upon arriving, we were greeted by a group of people working on the new building, and by the looks of the facilities, (docks, platforms, etc), they've been very busy. The place is constantly improving.
As for water conditions, surface temp was 77 degrees and viz was 15'-20'. At around 22' there was thermocline and temp was about 70 degrees. Now from 22' to about 30' it was clear, maybe 20' viz, but at 30' it was total "brown out". I went to 37' and could'nt see my hand in front of my mask. My dive buddy said I just completely disapeared for a minute. Not sensing any clearing below me, I returned above 30' where we remained for the rest of the dive. I talked to another diver, and he said he did'nt find the bottom of the "brown out" either and that it was everywhere in the quarry. My buddy and I both had a great time and plan to return soon. If the bottom half of the quarry continues to clear like the top half has, we should have some really good diving in the weeks ahead.

Back
Top Bottom