A Complete Gear-Up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ClassAction:
Be careful with Leisure Pro... I got burned by them. Try the other, more reputable, online sellers (scuba.com, scubatoys, etc.). You don't see threads bashing them -- I'm sure this is no accident. Or, you can always try to haggle your LDS down from the typically ridiculous list prices... Just avoid LP -- my two cents.
Exactly how did you get burned? Did you follow up and allow for customer service? I'm not doubting you, but even when I've had problems with stuff, they've been very helpful. I had ordered a Henderson suit based upon the size chart - it was too big and called them - they sent out the next size smaller before receiving the old one! Of course, they said if they didn't receive the old one they'd charge me - but hey - that's good service by any measure.

GlennJ:
Exactly how did you get burned? Did you follow up and allow for customer service? I'm not doubting you, but even when I've had problems with stuff, they've been very helpful. I had ordered a Henderson suit based upon the size chart - it was too big and called them - they sent out the next size smaller before receiving the old one! Of course, they said if they didn't receive the old one they'd charge me - but hey - that's good service by any measure.

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?p=862397#post862397

Here's a link to a previous post. They are a volume dealor. They are, admittely, the cheapest in list price. But for that you scarifice customer service. If you check my earlier posts on scubaboard, you'll find some supporting LP. But my opinion changed over time. I usually ask other online sellers or my LDS to match their prices; so far, they've always matched.

Just be careful with LP. Why not stick with sellers who have a better track record? I've had good experiences with scuba.com, diveus.com, 5th dimension, extreme exposure and diveriteexpress.

ClassAction:
Why not stick with sellers who have a better track record? I've had good experiences with scuba.com, diveus.com, 5th dimension, extreme exposure and diveriteexpress.
I use them too - however most will not sell SP, USDivers and other equipment that the manufacturer forbids to be sold online.

You can argue the rights/wrongs of that particular requirement, but for now, it is what it is...

Back
Top Bottom