A decade!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FreeFloat

Contributor
Reaction score
Somewhere in the waters of Lake Ontario or the St
# of dives
200 - 499
Woo hoo!

Just completed my 10th non-babysat (ie no instructor) dive today!

Well actually, it was 9th and 10th, it was a two dive day. Although, with water (and especially air) temps still falling, I think I'm more or less done with the repetitive diving.........started to get a wee bit chilled climbing out of the water after the 30 minute second dive.

Probably an Advanced course, although I'm seriously thinking about DIR.

Which would be better to take first? I've heard (and had) arguments both ways.

Regardless, I'll need a few more dives before I actually sign up for either...

hey 10 more dives and u could become a padi DM :)

FreeFloat once bubbled...
Woo hoo!

Just completed my 10th non-babysat (ie no instructor) dive today!

Well actually, it was 9th and 10th, it was a two dive day. Although, with water (and especially air) temps still falling, I think I'm more or less done with the repetitive diving.........started to get a wee bit chilled climbing out of the water after the 30 minute second dive.

Congratulations... best advice I can give you is to get a few more dives under your belt before you sign up for any more courses... you seem to be doing fine just as you are... dive with as many "safe" team-spirited divers as you can. Think about another class in the spring... if you want to do anything at all, take a nitrox class... just for the introduction to some more dive chemistry/physics

I'll be diving until my cold tolerance gives out or I run out of buddies willing to humour me. :)

I don't think they're running classes in this area til spring anyhow, and besides, they way I know my instructor, I wouldn't be ready for his Advanced class yet, at this time. I tend to be a little hesitant to subject myself to drills in such c-c-c-cold water..... :cold:

Congrats FreeFloat,
I was driving the 401 through Kingston tonight and was going to call you to go for a timmies break... but realized I'd left your # at home. Drats! We could have celebrated!
Finally got myself some more Fleece... you can count on me for some more diving.
:blfish:
:rfish:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom