a few days to change my mind

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

farnum:
After visiting many of my local dive shops and talking to a lot of salespeople, I have made decisions about my new equipment.
BC: Scubapro Glide Plus
Reg: Scubapro MK16/S550
Computer: Oceanic Veo 200
2nd: Air II
Fins: Scubapro Twin Jets Thanks

I would recommend against the oceanic computer. Oceanic is currently experiencing some sort of turmoil and their service is just plain lousy. I can't get parts shipped and still have several items on back order after two years. They are one of those company's that are up and down and have one heck of an employee turn over rate.

If you are going with the Air II do take the training offered. There are hazards you need to be aware of. This is not the item I would recommend for a once in awhile diver. It functions OK. The buttons are not the most user friendly and I see a lot of part time divers get confused with it. Before you buy you might look at the new atomic unit. It is at least more user friendly.

Hallmac

farnum:
It would be nice to feel comfortable and confident with my equipment instead of getting something different every time. I don't want to think about whether the regulator that I get this time is going to be easy to breathe. Besides this is a lifelong hobby; rentals add up after awhile.

...how many days a year do you dive?

Hallmac:
I would recommend against the oceanic computer. Oceanic is currently experiencing some sort of turmoil and their service is just plain lousy. I can't get parts shipped and still have several items on back order after two years. They are one of those company's that are up and down and have one heck of an employee turn over rate.

If you are going with the Air II do take the training offered. There are hazards you need to be aware of. This is not the item I would recommend for a once in awhile diver. It functions OK. The buttons are not the most user friendly and I see a lot of part time divers get confused with it. Before you buy you might look at the new atomic unit. It is at least more user friendly.

Hallmac

Did you get your computer on-line or from a LDS? Our LDS says that they are a member of the Oceanic Alliance and said that parts shouldn't be a problem.

http://www.oceanicworldwide.com/2004/index_services.html
"Your Authorized Pro Dealer may extend to you the ALLIANCE SERVICE AGREEMENT which offers free service parts for as long as you own your Oceanic product and have it inspected or serviced annually. This agreement is validated exclusively by an Authorized Oceanic Pro Dealer upon purchase of any Oceanic Regulator, Buoyancy Compensator and Analog Gauge. "

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom