A few very specific questions.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Let me see if I have this right; you don't want a scubapro reg because you don't like the philosophical implications of the name? Jeesh...that's a good one. I was going to suggest an old SP metal second stage, which would absolutely help with the drymouth, but I guess you'd have to come to grips with whatever you think the name represents.

Obviously you're not thinking this one through very carefully.

I just don't like the brand. "Scuba" is kind of unoriginal and "pro" is just misplaced. The majority of divers including me are recreational divers, no pros.

It just has this flair of hobby militarism, wannabe extreme. To me diving isn't work but a game and gear isn't weapons but rather toys. And then you see this SCUBAPRO written everywhere, all over things and people. All in black, all the same, like underwater goths, DIR, MIB, FBI...

:11:
Now this is a new one.
Don't rule out a good brand because of such a trivial reason.

As for the jaw fatigue, also try the Aqualung Comfobite mouthpiece, and see if you are unconsciously biting down too hard on the mouthpiece during the dive.

:11:
Now this is a new one.
Don't rule out a good brand because of such a trivial reason.

Is that "ruling out"?
"If it were the obvious best option, I'd still buy it, but not if I have so many brands and models to pick from."

mattboy, you got it right but you do have an attitude problem

Thank you everybody!

BTW, I ordered all the equipment, started a "thank you" thread" reporting my experiences and
here is my first set-up question.

....didn't like the name ScubaPro....liked Maximus instead....hmmm, interesting choice.

Congrats on your DM rating.

Back
Top Bottom