A great day of spearing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you would have cought the fish without Scuba then I would have congratulated you but I do not see Spear Fishing with Scuba as a sport as the fish do not get a good chance of escape unlike with free diving where you have to come up for air!
I am not a fan of spear fishing unless its to catch a meal for yourself or your group, going for big breeding age fish is sad to me!
Thats just my feeling on the subject!

I didnt see where anyone asked your opinion. If you want to b-tch, start your own thread! Assmunch:dork2::lotsalove:

If you would have cought the fish without Scuba then I would have congratulated you but I do not see Spear Fishing with Scuba as a sport as the fish do not get a good chance of escape unlike with free diving where you have to come up for air!
I am not a fan of spear fishing unless its to catch a meal for yourself or your group, going for big breeding age fish is sad to me!

Sport is secondary to food in these parts. In fact, everyone I've ever spearfished with around here do it solely for the purpose of putting food on the table.

You're also talking about diving with significant surface current, usually limited visibility and the minimum depth is usually 70 feet. Where they were diving (reef module and bridge rubble) the hunting area is maybe 8 feet of vertical relief and 15 x15 feet of habitat. When you have 15 feet of viz, and you get swept 30 feet off your spot every time you take a breath, you're talking commando diving. Not that every trip is like that, but those conditions are common.

You're comparing apples to oranges.

All creatures of this Earth has their place this I agree, But where I disagree most should be right between the Mash Potatoes and Sweet Tea. By the way did it dawn on you that your on a Scuba Board? :shakehead:

Tim loved the report it does get the blood pumping

Dang that memory card! Sounded like a real nice fish though! Great Job!

I happened to be in Orange Beach Thursday and of course I had to go by and visit Gary's shop. We met up with Gary, Linda and her sister later that afternoon for drinks and I got to see the pics from the camera. Awesome catch guys!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom