A video share site only for diving.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Thebes11

The Aqua Planet converts everything to flash anyways, so the 5 minute "rule" is more of a guide line than a rule as such.

I am just being cautious to start with so as to keep the server balanced.

Please feel free to upload your clips and we can take each one on merit. Not that I am the video clip police or anything, but we started with a 3 minute maximum and then a 5 minute, now we go to 8 and then 10.....you know how these things can snowball.

Look forward to the clips though and then we can go forward from there.

Keithesaf:
Hi Frankc

This pretty much depends on your internet connection and of course how busy we are, but I don't think that even with the most perfect settings we will be able to have the video clips play directly from the server to your machine without some buffering.

What I recommend is to download the video clip but put it on pause straight away and then once it is compleely downloaded, watch it without any buffering.

Of course we are still testing various options and hope to get better all the time.

Well, I'm on a 7Mb cable connection that even during peak times averages 4Mb. So it's not me :)

Also, I'm owner/operator of a webhosting firm, since 1998... So, I kinda have good understanding of how the net works :D I also work for a telco in Mississippi in the data/telecom division :wink: Not trying to come of as a know it all, just trying to be helpful.

Take it easy :)

frankc420:
Well, I'm on a 7Mb cable connection that even during peak times averages 4Mb. So it's not me :)

Also, I'm owner/operator of a webhosting firm, since 1998... So, I kinda have good understanding of how the net works :D I also work for a telco in Mississippi in the data/telecom division :wink: Not trying to come of as a know it all, just trying to be helpful.

Take it easy :)

Thanks Frank

Any suggestions or ideas greatly appreciated.:D

robint:
I have uploaded, let me know what you think!

robint

Excellent videos Robin.

The Nekton Sharks really exciting.

Hawaii Eels - great soundtrack for the video.

and California Moods, well that is really creative.

I am going to make them all featured videos for the week.

Many thanks and we look forward to more.

I seem to be the only one having a problem uploading. After I hit the "upload video" button, the progress bar on the bottom goes slowly to the right, but after it fills up, nothing happens. I let it sit for over an hour and finally it went back to "step 1 of 2", but when I check my account, it shows no videos uploaded.

I tried both ie 6.0.2900 and firefox 1.0.5.9. and the same thing happens. I turned off all pop-up blockers, but still no luck.

Any help?

thebes11:
I seem to be the only one having a problem uploading. After I hit the "upload video" button, the progress bar on the bottom goes slowly to the right, but after it fills up, nothing happens. I let it sit for over an hour and finally it went back to "step 1 of 2", but when I check my account, it shows no videos uploaded.

I tried both ie 6.0.2900 and firefox 1.0.5.9. and the same thing happens. I turned off all pop-up blockers, but still no luck.

Any help?

Hi Thebes11

Absolutely stumped as to why you are having problems. :shakehead

In the meantime would it be possible to upload in a format other than DIVX as to date nobody has uploaded in that format, so that could be the issue.

We will only know more once our tekkie, Paul is available Monday.

Please don't give-up on us, as we hoping for some good turtle clips from you.

Kind regards
Keithesaf

Keithesaf:
Excellent videos Robin.

The Nekton Sharks really exciting.

Hawaii Eels - great soundtrack for the video.

and California Moods, well that is really creative.

I am going to make them all featured videos for the week.

Many thanks and we look forward to more.

thanks! I just started video this past year (I have been doing still photography for 4 years and wanted to switch to a way to show others, divers and non-divers, what I see and feel. I think video is truly the best way to do that. It is a learning experience for me right now (I have only done about a dozen videos) but I am having a blast! Any comments are helpful.
thanks!
robint

It seems somebody might have got the jump on you in this market.

I have been surfing www.scubavidz.com for the past few months and I hate to tell you this but they do have the cooler url; and a wacky sense of homour by the looks of things!

Good luck.

- S

thebes11:
I seem to be the only one having a problem uploading. ....

You are not alone. My Kona video uploaded, but my Turks & Caicos video has failed multiple times.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom