A wonderful day at sea...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wow, very nice, lisa, thanks for sharing

that boat looks like an Arleigh Burke, but the anti-sub tubes are throwing me
off (well... at least i think they're anti-sub tubes)

[edit] ok, it is ian Arleigh Burke type. nice!

justleesa:
well they sure made a lot of noise, but blanks would too wouldn't they?

yeah... blanks have a primer and powder, just no bullet

Charlie99:
I really like the patterns and repetition in the composition of your shots of the flags, various ammo, and firefighting standpipes.

She is an artist. She can see things most of us miss until it is brought to our attention like this. I so appreciate and admire her eye!

good job---hope you sent them to Dwayne!

Justleesa and Turtleguy9 it was my pleasure to bring you aboard for the cruise. I am glad you enjoyed it. I just got back in port so sorry for the late response. The pics are really great. I passed on your appreciation of the day to all.
The ship is an Airleigh Burke class ship. Commissioned in 1997 in San Francisco where the Admiral she is named after was from. We were there last fall for fleet week there and thoroughly enjoyed the city there. The people there are great.
The tubes are for missile defense and are purely defensive in nature. We do have torpedoes for submarine defense.
For the live fire demonstration we were using live rounds hence the roaped off area around the guns and all the waiting around we had to do was to clear an area around the ship from all sea traffic. The guns being fired were a 25mm, 50 cal and M60. All used for point defense of the ship.
Again I am really glad you enjoyed the day out to sea. Justleesa the pics are great trully an artist.

I made a video slide show with 80 some pictures and burned it onto a DVD...really fun to watch, I hope they all like it :D

Boy, Leesa, those Navy guys (no gals assigned to destroyers yet, are there?) must've really liked you!! "Dining room... walls... stair up to the bridge..." :wink:

Being a former Army guy, my Navy colleagues would slap me silly for that. :D

Nice trip, and nice photos...

Um, those ain't no blanks in that .50-cal box... (Edit: Like okamiotoko2004 said...)

--Marek

Oh yeah, there were gals on the ship...one of the highest ranked person on the ship was a she.

thanks Marek!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom