A95 or S500?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chrissie

Reaction score
Okay - I have narrowed it down (thanks to my dad!) Instead of getting a housing for my Olympus C-720, I am going to get one of the two cameras listed above. My dad works for Marden's Surplus and they have both for $249 each! Now to decide which one!!! Any suggestions? I need to order the housing asap as I will need to have it shipped next day or two day as we are leaving for our cruise on Sunday!

Thanks!
Chrissie

A95 much better camera for underwater use - better lens, manual control, etc.
Only thing the S500 has over the A95 is portability. This may be very important to you if your looking fo a very portable above water cam.

Hope that helps.

If you haven't bought yet...

The A95 takes double A batteries, the s500, a special rechargable. The double a is the way to go, (IMOHO), you can still get rechargables, and even if they die in some far off place, you can always find double A's.

Just a thought.

Hi Chrissie,

I have been using the A80 with the housing and I am very happy with the whole, the camera use, housing, quality of pictures most of my UW shots I dont even have to touch up with photo shop I suggest to use the manual white balance UW.
Go for the A 95 and the housing and have fun
Just have a look at my pictures and the member gallery

okidoki:
Hi Chrissie,

I have been using the A80 with the housing and I am very happy with the whole, the camera use, housing, quality of pictures most of my UW shots I dont even have to touch up with photo shop I suggest to use the manual white balance UW.
Go for the A 95 and the housing and have fun
Just have a look at my pictures and the member gallery

Thanks! I ended up going with the A95. I am very happy with it! I took my first UW photos while Cruising in the Caribbean a few weeks ago. I can't wait to go again!!!

Chrissie

Back
Top Bottom