Adding a chest strap to a BP/W setup (xDeep Zeos)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I could be wrong but I think the difference is not in the harness but in the exposure protection. If both rigs were set up at the dive shop while the OP was wearing street clothes it makes sense the travel rig will fit better because he is not wearing as thick exposure protection. The BAUE photo shows the adjustment in a dry suit not in street clothes. Another possibility is the slots for the straps may be different on the Ghost, from what I remember it uses a rather unique backplate.

The slots look the same. The two harnesses are different by virtue of the padding on one which appears to more than double the thickness and probably the stiffness.

As for the difference between the two harnesses, one is more easily adjusted and I wear at most a 5 mil wetsuit. I'm planning a trip to Greece in September and a friend of mine from Bulgaria who dives there regularly is advising me to take my dry suit for the deep dives. I'll experiment over the summer with which BCD I will take with me when the water warms up in places.

The simple harness will probably always be less constricting than the convoluted one. That's part of the bargain. The devil's in the details etc.

The simple harness will probably always be less constricting than the convoluted one. That's part of the bargain. The devil's in the details etc.

The Zeos actually has a simpler harness. The Ghost has buckles. While not having a chest strap on the Ghost does making somewhat more restrictive than a jacket style BCD, I didn't have any problems with it when I was taking pictures in Hawaii in January. That is basically the issue I have, is how to access my camera. However, I do want to be able to access the D rings on each shoulder strap with both hands. No way can I do that right now on the Zeos in my dry suit.

Back
Top Bottom