advanced dive shop with small groups in Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not sure.

I bet they belong to them. You can fill whatever you want if you bring your own tank. You just can't get a 100CF properly filled. What was your starting pressure on the 100CF nitrox?

BA doesn't have a fill station do they?

I bet they belong to them. You can fill whatever you want if you bring your own tank. You just can't get a 100CF properly filled. What was your starting pressure on the 100CF nitrox?

BA doesn't have a fill station do they?

BA had the tanks delivered each morning. To my knowledge, they don't have a fill station unless it is off-property. I had 3300 - 3500 psi in every tank.

Really? Now that is interesting. Every 100cf air I have seen on the boat was at right about 3,000. The max fill is supposed to be 3,300. Maybe they just properly fill nitrox 100s? 3,500 is like a bonus.

Really? Now that is interesting. Every 100cf air I have seen on the boat was at right about 3,000. The max fill is supposed to be 3,300. Maybe they just properly fill nitrox 100s? 3,500 is like a bonus.

3500 psi may have been a measurement after being heated by the sun.

PV=nRT

PV=nRT

Good point. It would still take a pretty big change in heat to get it up from 3000 though.

PV=nRT

I'd be interested to know if you checked your pressure once you fully descended. On Second dives, after tanks have been sitting out for several hours, I often notice a drop of 250-300 psi by the time I get from the boat to the sandy bottom. I assume that most of that drop is just change in temp.

I'd be interested to know if you checked your pressure once you fully descended. On Second dives, after tanks have been sitting out for several hours, I often notice a drop of 250-300 psi by the time I get from the boat to the sandy bottom. I assume that most of that drop is just change in temp.

Maybe you just have really bad air consumption :D

I also see a rapid roll-off in bottle pressure on afternoon dives when the bottles become heated by the sun. I recently went geek (or even more so) and purchased a download cable for my AI. I had known of the pressure verses temperature change in an abstract way but it was kind of interesting to see it visually on the graphed readout. Does anyone know of a chart showing pressure changes verse temperature for a standard AL 80? The pressure drop rolling off into Caribbean waters at 82-84ᵒF is noticeable, I am betting that in SoCal with their near artic water temp’s, it would be impressive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom