Advice regarding repairing old dive computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Try using a short piece of electrical wire to touch each of the buttons. Worked for me once it got bad. In the end when I put it in for a battery change, turned out that a few drops to the ground had moved the circuit board away from the back of the buttons, hence why it did not work well. Okay since then.

I had suggested the geo based on budget and the mk5. Based on budget plus your desire for more ports.i personally recently purchased a used pro plus 2. Which is not wireless but air integrated. You can find the for around 300 used occasionally and it would make a great upgrade.
you have the other issue that if you're teaching the shop wants you to have the coolest stuff.

Imho the stuff you have is cool. Just take care of computer issue.

I had a similar problem with my AirZ six months ago, one of the terminals stopped working - I could turn it on but couldn't change the nitrox %. I took it to my LDS and asked them to send it away to be fixed. Got it back two weeks later, fixed and with a new battery :)

Might be worth contacting Scubapro/Uwatec directly, or asking another dive shop to fix it.

IMO, electronics repairs are usually Hit or Miss. Why spend +200$ on a "Maybe" (50% chance).
I'd say get a basic computer and an SPG.

I had a similar problem with my AirZ six months ago, one of the terminals stopped working - I could turn it on but couldn't change the nitrox %. I took it to my LDS and asked them to send it away to be fixed. Got it back two weeks later, fixed and with a new battery :)

Might be worth contacting Scubapro/Uwatec directly, or asking another dive shop to fix it.

Missed the important bit: repair was free of charge

Usually small electronics have a 1year warranty. Sometimes 2yr if you're lucky.

The OP has no warranty....sigh this is looking more and more like the Apple helpdesk.

G'day, Oliver!

Is it air integration too important for you and 300 is your limit? If I were you, I would find 300 extra bucks, and buy new reg and new no-air-integrated dive computer, like Oceanic Geo or Aeris Manta - they will last you for quite a few years! Because I was looking around for new dive computers and new regs with 2HP ports to solve your case, but couldn't fix both of them with 300 bucks.

G'day, Oliver!

Is it air integration too important for you and 300 is your limit? If I were you, I would find 300 extra bucks, and buy new reg and new no-air-integrated dive computer, like Oceanic Geo or Aeris Manta - they will last you for quite a few years! Because I was looking around for new dive computers and new regs with 2HP ports to solve your case, but couldn't fix both of them with 300 bucks.

If he's going with a non-AI computer he does not need a new reg for now.

Another idea, and I don't know if such a thing exists, is to find an adapter to turn one HP into two. If you can get such a thing you can run the old AI computer and attach a backup analog SPG for use on the surface and backup.

Back
Top Bottom