Advice requested on itinerary - 1 week Cebu ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2-3 nights malapascua 1 night mactan and possibly daytrip oslob if time permits

Wow, thank you all so much!

I've been reading further about the destinations you all describe, and maximum water time (minimum travel time) seems to be of the essence to catch as much of the beauty as possible.

Does the following schedule make sense in your opinions if I consider Oslob a must (or am I forgetting something)?
Would you start with Oslob (on a Sat) or end with it (on a Fri, as indicated below)?

Fri - arrival in Cebu City around midnight
Sat - morning bus to Maya and boat to Malapascua
Sun - dive
Mon - dive
Tue - dive
Wed - dive
Thu - boat and bus back to Cebu City
Fri - morning bus to Oslob and back in the afternoon to Cebu City
Sat - lunch time flight out of Cebu

Thanks again, now I'll start looking for Accommodation and Dive Ops on Malapascua, suggestions more than welcome! :)

Cheers, Ward

Does the following schedule make sense in your opinions if I consider Oslob a must (or am I forgetting something)?
Would you start with Oslob (on a Sat) or end with it (on a Fri, as indicated below)?

Fri - arrival in Cebu City around midnight
Sat - morning bus to Maya and boat to Malapascua
Sun - dive
Mon - dive
Tue - dive
Wed - dive
Thu - boat and bus back to Cebu City
Fri - morning bus to Oslob and back in the afternoon to Cebu City
Sat - lunch time flight out of Cebu
It is a long round trip journey from Cebu City to Oslob.
If you leave Malapascua early on Thu morning, you should be able to get to Oslob in the afternoon. Finding somewhere suitable to stay could be a problem with the sudden influx of tourists.
Have a nice trip.

Thanks Centrals, but 1 day for the whale shark viewing will have to do as all hotels in Tanawan, Oslob seem to be full. Anyway, a 3 hr busride at 4 am doesn't scare me. I'm more concerned about getting back.

However, if anyone knows a driver that will give me a private ride (paid of course) and back from Cebu City, I am more than interested, so please Send me a private message or post here!

Cheers, Ward

Last edited:
You may consider staying at Santander, which is close to Tanawan. There‘re dive shops there so you can dive with whalesharks and also at Sumilon Island.
Santander, Cebu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Another option is to enquire Mactan dive shop for possible day trips.
I haven't been to Oslob myself, but is planning such a trip.

However, if anyone knows a driver that will give me a private ride (paid of course) and back from Cebu City, I am more than interested, so please Send me a private message or post here!

Cheers, Ward

Let me know the rates you are quoted from others and I may be able to do it for the same but also stop and tour you around to sights like old ancestral houses in Carcar and Cebu which I think are interesting.

Or supply with you with a FREE tank of air.

Hi Ward

You can arrange drivers with anywhere you stay here. You can also use a local taxi for a little cheaper but the cars are slower, smaller, ac not working etc. . .

If you have the budget you can also transfer direct to Malapascua from a midnight arrival. You should get there about 3am with no traffic so is a good way to get all the hard work done in one go and wake up on a tropical paradise! It might get you diving as day earlier giving you the option to dive a day longer or leave a bit earlier to ease your Oslob travel also.

On the right track by spending nearly all your time in Malapascua, by far the best diving in Cebu. I always stay/dive with Malapascua Exotic.

Heading straight to Malapascua might be a good option, thanks.

Will there be a boat to take me to the island from Maya?
Will there be someone to get me to a room/cabin that early?
What would be the cost?

Hi Ward

You can arrange drivers with anywhere you stay here. You can also use a local taxi for a little cheaper but the cars are slower, smaller, ac not working etc. . .

If you have the budget you can also transfer direct to Malapascua from a midnight arrival. You should get there about 3am with no traffic so is a good way to get all the hard work done in one go and wake up on a tropical paradise! It might get you diving as day earlier giving you the option to dive a day longer or leave a bit earlier to ease your Oslob travel also.

Back
Top Bottom