Aeris Atmos 2 Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I really liked my atmos 2, but after about 150 dives (and being just out of warrenty) the screen started to fade and some of the pixels barely show up now, making it hard to read the numbers. I switched to a TUSA IQ 700 (and have had no issues with it) and am really enjoying it.

fwiw
Dan

The Atmos2 has been a great computer for me. The battery is so easy to change, I really don't worry too much about turning it off to save battery power. Which is good. Because you can't turn it off. I always keep a spare battery in my Sav-A-Dive kit.

John

It turns off after 1:20 if you start it up and then do not dive and as mentioned earlier it will shut off 24 hours after your last dive. Batteries are about $4 so it is not that expensive to maintain and I find it to be an excellent computer. Still waiting on the latest software patch though......

I like my Atmos 2, which I opted to get as my first dive computer last year primarily because of the large and very readable display. I am farsighted and I need glasses to read books or my desktop computer's monitor. I have no difficulty reading the display of the Atmos 2 at depth without corrective lenses.

I borrowed a buddy's Atmos2 as a backup timer for a dive to 200' yesterday. I had it in gage mode, and it worked just fine (although the depth blinks at you below, I think, 150').

The only thing I didn't like was that, in gage mode, you have to push a button to see your bottom time, 'cause the time and depth are not on the same page.

Here's one way to turn it off after the dive: LINK

Li'l38:
I'm going to re-check the book.... but I don't think you can turn it off. You should get about 200(+/-) dives out of it, before replacing the batteries.

Howarde, didn't Michelle have around 190 dives on hers? (IIRC from the Keys trip)I love my Atmos2 :sappy: It's very user friendly and enriched air compatible. The USB cable is additional $50 or so.....but not required, unless you want to download to your PC. It shore makes a purty li'l chart fer yer logbook tho! :D

Yes - Michelle has 200+ dives on hers now. I just changed the battery last week ($3.25 at Radio Shack) so your 200+ dive assessment is fair for the battery changing. Our average dive time is one hour, so about 200 one hour dives before the battery goes. It was very easy to change the battery BTW as long as you have the little tool that comes with it... Now with a fresh battery it's still going strong. No problems with fading, or anything else. The plastic cover is scratched up, but you can't see any scratches under water... it's very easy to read.

It's a vary good basic nitrox capable dive computer. It has all of the info you really need. Actually... I did 8 dives with it in the last 2 weeks, to use it as a safety stop timer, since my computer doesn't do a safety stop countdown, and I didn't want to do the math :wink:

Firediver32:
I really liked my atmos 2, but after about 150 dives (and being just out of warrenty) the screen started to fade and some of the pixels barely show up now, making it hard to read the numbers. I switched to a TUSA IQ 700 (and have had no issues with it) and am really enjoying it.

fwiw
Dan

Shame you didn't send it in anyhow....

I have an Aeris A100S... much, much older (and wiser?)... and I didn't have to change the battery for the first 2 years I had it. In fact, since I bought it used and SOMEONE gouged out the battery cover so you couldn't open it, I had to have my LDS epoxy it this year (I tried and it didn't work) to get it open.

Why are you concerned about wasting battery power. IMO replacing the batteries before a big dive trip and/or yearly whether it needs it or not would be a prudent move just in case. I assume it take CR 2032 or similar? They aren't that expensive- as noted in other posts.

The point of it staying on after a dive for your "fly time" is for your own safety. In fact, mine isn't truly "on." It's doing the count down but if I want to get my dive info for my log or whatever I have to hit the same button used to turn it on and it goes through it's upstart check (about 10 seconds of running through the numbers- that's the best way to explain it). I don't know if yours is the same, but it can't burn through batteries too fast, can it?

TimK:
<snip> Is there any way to turn it off right after a dive?

Thanks...
Nope.

All the best, James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom