Aeris Atmos 2 Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As others have said, if the only reason you want to turn it off is to save battery power, I would not worry about it. First, the battery in those things lasts forever it seems, and second, I bet if you could figure out a way it would make almost no difference in the number of dives you'd get out of it before changing the battery. 200 dives at $4/battery comes out to a whopping 2 cents/dive battery cost. If you were somehow able to double the battery life, which I would bet is impossible, you'd save 1 cent per dive.

Not the best money saving plan:D

Great computer. I love mine. As far as turning it off, my advice would be not to worry about it. It's designed to stay on and turn itself off when "you" are desaturated. No big deal. Just dry it thoroughly, and then let it air dry over night and then put it away. That's what I do.

Fantastic computer! We use it in our rental line and everyone loves it. Don't worry about the battery as mattboy said, it's not using that much juice.

Britt :fish:
:fish:

Bad feelings about the Atmos 2. I have had mine for 4 years with only about 90 dives and it died!!!!!!!!!!!

I love my Atmos 2. I only have about 30 dives on it and my battery meter says full. I also have one for my wife and daughter. When we went on vacation I bought 3 batteries and keep them in my log book with the tool. The batteries are cheap so I'm with the previous posts It doesn't matter to me. I just can't wait to drain my battery some more.
My only need for it is a new protective cover for the face. I badly scratched mine on my first dive with it

I was on a night dive in Bonaire last week. We I surfaced it started to beep and would not stop. Some of the numbers I could not read. Then some time later there were no numbers at all. It will not turn on at all now. The battery was still was still good. Aeris does have a trade in for a fully tested one for $130. I think it shoud have lasted longer.

ScubaBoy, you had the Atmos 2 for 4 years ... GOd knows what happened to it, but it sounds like some sort of "shock" problem (a fall? dropping something on top of it?)

four years is a long time for any electronic device.

i did 120 dives with my Atmos 2 and it never gave me trouble. that's just my experience.

No shock to it that I know of. I took very good care of it. Just one of those things.
Or my luck!

oh, it sucks, no doubt about it =(

I'm going to send it back and do the exchange. If it happens again, on to another brand.
My girlfriend has the same computer we bought at the same time and same amount of dives. She has no problem with hers. We just changed the battery in it last week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom