After 5 trips, Looking for new GREAT places to dive in Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rjjj111

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have dived in the following places and I am looking for NEW GREAT places to dive that I have so far missed.

I have dived...
1. Sabang and PG
2. Anileo
3. Balicasag Island Bohol
4. Mactan Island Cebu
5. Davao
6. Moalboal Cebu
7. Camiguin Island
8. Dumaguete Apo Island

I thought about Sogod and El Nino but was hoping there are also other places available.

Any suggestions?

There are more places to consider:
Coron, Palawan (Wrecks)
Malapascua, Cebu (Thresher Shark)

If you are considering LOB, there's Tubattaha and Apo Reef (This one is along the Straights of MIndoro. NOt to be confused with Apo Island in Dumaguete)

After that many trips why not broaden your horizons a bit? Palau, Indonesia, Fiji and the Great Barrier Reef await.

I have thought about Apo reef but thought it was hard to get to? I am trying to stay in the philippines, i have been to the great barrier reef before. i never heard of Sipilay, sounds like i need to research that place. i am thinking about going to Siagao island for surfing and hanging out which is near Surigao area but did not know the diving there was any good in Surigao?

Coron, Malapascua, Bohol. :D
Yep, and I would add Tubattaha to the list.

---------- Post Merged at 01:23 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:21 AM ----------

Care to place those in order of your favorite or best sites for the Philippines? I have been tempted to get down to Davao but haven't heard that much about the diving there.

If you're still in Cebu give Camotes a try. Take the ferry out of Danao about an hour north of the city. Look for Ocean Deep divers at Mangodlong Paradise Resort, they are the only shop on the island. Cheap, quiet, good food...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom