AFter several attempts at BP's and Wings...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LOL! Now I understand.

Due to the continued 'subtle' references to the selling of the equipment, I have edited all references from the posts. The thread [in my option] is now inline with the subject.

Congradulations on making your own choice.

My reaction to the concept of DIR is that these people should not be taken too seriously. The name Doing it Right, suggests that everything else is wrong, a concept that I reject.

We are all responsible for our own safety. With this responsibility comes the right to not only make our own decisions, but also to decide upon which criteria to base those decisions.

I happen to prefer a Backplate and wing,
but I also use an air integrated Dive Computer so the DIR's will label me a Stroke.

So be it.

Dive safely

Mike D
:blfish:

Remember: Anyone who says money ca't buy happiness,
doesn't know where to shop!

DIR people should not be taken seriously? Well then, either should anyone else when it comes to their opinion and way to dive. Why should someone who is anti-DIR be taken any more seriously then someone who is DIR? In either case the person is diving the rig that they feel is the best and sutis their style of diving best, right? If you are not diving the rig that you think is the best, then why the heck would you even get in the water?

But of course, don't take us too seriously, after all we are simply offering our opinions just as you. :rolleyes:

mddolson once bubbled...

My reaction to the concept of DIR is that these people should not be taken too seriously. The name Doing it Right, suggests that everything else is wrong, a concept that I reject.
Mike D
:blfish:

The name itself is inflammatory. So if you are not Doing it Right you must be doing it how?

Some antonyms for Right would be:
Wrong
Erroneous
Incorrect
Faulty

In the back of my cynical mind when I read about DIR I can’t help thinking of that famous quote from Tom Cruise, "Show me the money!"
Bill

Uncle Pug,
I know most of the advocates of DIR are not making any $, nether does the guy in the robe you buy the flower from at the mall. But unless you didn’t:
A. Buy the book.
B. Pay for the class.
C. Buy anything from Extreme-Exposure.
Then JJ is getting $ for it.
More power to him. Thank God we live in a capitalist nation.

I have NO problem with that other than the mentality that unless you follow JJ’s "Right" way then you are wrong, and the fervor which some of the "followers" expound the message and can be condescending to those who don’t.

I would love to be able to get up there and try a BP/Wing set-up. The problem is I might want to change and the boss would hang me by the unmentionables if I were to spend any more $ on gear this year!

Bill

Oh, and please feel free to correct my punctuation, I was howling on the thread you were helping out on.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom