age discrimination

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NWGratefulDiver:
Gee, if the comments of the past 4+ pages in this thread are anything to go by, it would seem that those of us in the over-50 crowd are subjected to more stereotyping than the younger divers ... :kick:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I did not mean to offend you, and I apologize that I have.

I was just trying to demonstrate that there are people across the entire age spectrum demonstrate extremely safe (and in some cases the opposite) dive practices. I should have made that clearer.

I did not mean for my comments to come out as a stereotyping generality, and as Roland of Gilead would say, 'I cry your pardon'.

- PolsVoice.

NWGratefulDiver:
Gee, if the comments of the past 4+ pages in this thread are anything to go by, it would seem that those of us in the over-50 crowd are subjected to more stereotyping than the younger divers ... :kick:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
I can't agree with you. Most of the comments, with one exception, seem pretty even-handed.
I just got back from Coz, and believe me, stupid can happen at any age.

BTW Grateful, I'm two years older than you.

MgicTwnger:
I can't agree with you. Most of the comments, with one exception, seem pretty even-handed.
I just got back from Coz, and believe me, stupid can happen at any age.

BTW Grateful, I'm two years older than you.

Dunno ... I'm talking about references to Social Security checks, red-nosed bicycle kickers, and the like ... didn't see any of those aimed at the younger set.

Not that I really care ... just making an observation.

And yes, I agree with you ... in the real world, stupidity isn't age-dependent.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

MgicTwnger
Yep, stupid does happen at any age.
As I get older I become tired of "Its all about me" folks. I have become very selective of my dive buddies irrespective of age. I have buddies that represent a good cross section. The common thread is good skills, maturity, and compatibility. Not someone who can beat their chest on the Internet.
Dive safe,
Larry

PolsVoice:
and as Roland of Gilead would say, 'I cry your pardon'.

is he a lawyer?

Hey, Guess what!!

I've got it all over most of you! I've been discriminated against both for being too young and being too old. I guess that's what can happen when you start diving at age 14 and are still in great shape, active and doing over 100+ dives a year at age 65!

Cudos to FredT, DrBill and Uncle Pug---I'd dive with you "younger" divers any time!!

Regards,

Snowbear:
you won't dive with me any more :wink:

Only every chance I get ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom