Aggressor bumped me to a different cabin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lavida

New
Reaction score
Booked a liveaboard through liveaboard.com with Indo Aggressor on Aug 14th departing in 9/7. I booked a Master cabin for our 5 year anniversary, and it was confirmed. They told me a few days ago that aggressor had an issue with their booking system and the Master cabin isn't available and moved me to a double cabin. This is strange because when I booked with liveboard, I also checked the aggressor website, which showed that one master cabin had 1 person in it, and the other master cabin is available.

I called Aggressor and they told me well, the master cabin has a couple celebrating their 40th anniversary, and the other cabin has two friends so they can't be in the double cabin, as the master has beds that can be set apart. I told them that whoever booked first should get the room, and they said they would research and tell me what happened.

Today, when I called them, they would not talk to me and asked me to only talk to liveaboard. It seems to me they would not talk to me and tell me what happened in their research. They probably had a repeat client on their 40th anniversary so they bumped me, and filled their other master with a second person, and won't bump them into the double cabin. This is a ****** experience, at least they can be honest with me about what happened. I am requesting a full refund and booking my anniversary trip on another boat.

Booked a liveaboard through liveaboard.com with Indo Aggressor on Aug 14th departing in 9/7. I booked a Master cabin for our 5 year anniversary, and it was confirmed. They told me a few days ago that aggressor had an issue with their booking system and the Master cabin isn't available and moved me to a double cabin. This is strange because when I booked with liveboard, I also checked the aggressor website, which showed that one master cabin had 1 person in it, and the other master cabin is available.

I called Aggressor and they told me well, the master cabin has a couple celebrating their 40th anniversary, and the other cabin has two friends so they can't be in the double cabin, as the master has beds that can be set apart. I told them that whoever booked first should get the room, and they said they would research and tell me what happened.

Today, when I called them, they would not talk to me and asked me to only talk to liveaboard. It seems to me they would not talk to me and tell me what happened in their research. They probably had a repeat client on their 40th anniversary so they bumped me, and filled their other master with a second person, and won't bump them into the double cabin. This is a ****** experience, at least they can be honest with me about what happened. I am requesting a full refund and booking my anniversary trip on another boat.
Welcome to Aggressor.

Not sure I would book a liveaboard with a company named "Aggressor." The name alone does not give the impression of a warm, friendly, or customer service oriented company. From the way they treated @paulkhsu, it seems they are certainly living up to their name.

Not that I am defending Aggressor in any way, but maybe liveaboard.com didn’t turn in your booking info to Aggressor right away when you first booked with them. Although if it happened that way I would think Aggressor reps would have thrown liveaboard under the bus and told you so. Did Aggressor tell you when they received your booking info?

I’m also guessing they won’t refund whatever you’ve paid, just by going on other situations I’ve heard about from them. But if they did agree to then I would look into booking a trip with Explorerventures.com. Maybe one of their available destinations would suit you. They’re a great company. Been out with them many times. Good luck with the refund request.

Hi @paulkhsu

Do you have the confirmation for the Master cabin? I assume you paid your deposit and have proof of that too. If so, it would seem either liveaboard.com or Aggressor pulled a fast one.

I have been on five Aggressors as well as other liveaboards. All my trips on Aggressor, Red Sea, Cocos, Galapagos, Cayman, Belize, were very good. Of course, the Red Sea Aggressor I caught fire and sank 2 1/2 years after I was on it.

I have always made my reservations directly with Aggressor, have never used a 3rd party booker.

Hi @paulkhsu

Do you have the confirmation for the Master cabin? I assume you paid your deposit and have proof of that too. If so, it would seem either liveaboard.com or Aggressor pulled a fast one.

I have been on five Aggressors as well as other liveaboards. All my trips on Aggressor, Red Sea, Cocos, Galapagos, Cayman, Belize, were very good. Of course, the Red Sea Aggressor I caught fire and sank 2 1/2 years after I was on it.

I have always made my reservations directly with Aggressor, have never used a 3rd party booker.
Totally agree on this last bit.. I booked with liveaboard once. Lesson learned. They provide no discount over booking directly and all they do is pass questions/concerns back and forth between you and the LOB company. I'd either book with a real travel professional that can advocate for you and also may be able to provide some discounts or book direct. If you are using a middleman they ought to at least provide some value, IMHO.

I think before I ever book a liveaboard, I'm going to have an extensive talk with my credit card company. In writing.

I think before I ever book a liveaboard, I'm going to have an extensive talk with my credit card company. In writing.
IMHO, it's kind of a racket. The whole system relies on you buying trip insurance as the way to protect yourself which is in and of itself another sort of racket. There must be some threads on here somewhere about people going through their CC dispute process, but I can't recall if I have ever seen one succeed. Maybe @Dan or one of the other more hardcore LOB folks will drop by and enlighten us with their wisdom and experience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom