Air Canada, are Canadians brain washed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Canadians, like most small country residents, are more comfortable flying the national carrier IMO. I (until recently) didn't even really know you could fly out of Canada on other airlines. Hell 8 years ago I just booked vacation packages like 99% of the population. It wasn't until we met a Canadian family in the Turks and Caicos and he told me he simply bought his ticket. I had a lightbulb moment and later realized those Aeroplan miles can be more valuable for flying than gift cards..... Have not looked back.

You are talking to the wrong Canadians. Wherever possible in country I use Westjet. Otherwise anyone but Air Canada.

I'm also Canadian and I don't think I know any Canadians that would give Air Canada anything other than a poor or very poor rating. Maybe they were talking about Westjet.

only thing you ever said that was true.....they suck big time

I have flown all over the world and no air Canada isn't. Emirates or any other post middle east subsidized airline. But personally I have had better luck on air Canada then major US Airlines or west jet. +1 for a happy Canadian traveller and yes I avoid the discount Rouge!

Sent from my GT-I9192 using Tapatalk

I am not a "Canuck" but need to fly to Boston from Toronto in Aug. What is the alternative besides AC?
Much appreciated.

I am not a "Canuck" but need to fly to Boston from Toronto in Aug. What is the alternative besides AC?
Much appreciated.
Check out Porter airlines. Your flight will likely land downtown at the island airport.

Just out of curiosity exactly how many Canadian have you spoken to that rave about how great AirCan is? 5, 10? You know there are 33 million of us? :) Yes I think AC is terrible though so you may be onto something. Frankly pretty much all of them are terrible in one way or another. You want pain while flying try complaining about the TSA :)
Well, I'm glad to see I'm not a lunatic. I must be hanging out with some strange Canadians. I had to ask thanks for the repies. We flew Lufthansa on the return leg and they were night and day different than Air Canada, the differences in the crew alone were startling.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom