Air Canada, are Canadians brain washed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i agree with those that said there is a huge difference between AC and AC Rouge
Westjet used to be cheap, way cheaper then AC then something changed and it went the other way
we flew AC Rouge to Curacao and was just fine, and my husband is 6'4", we've used mostly AC lately and they've been really nice, in fact one time when we checked in we were offered a better seat with more leg room when she saw my husband
once the luggage came out like it fell from the plane, but those people are not AC's employees, however AC replaced my suitcases, no questions asked
definitely not top notch airline like British Airways or KLM but not any worse then most of the out there

those complaining about legroom should try Sunwing, only person that would have enough legroom in their planes are kids under 10, and don't get me started on their carryon policy...1 piece of 5KG, and they really weigh your carryon
we had to be very creative and wear a big jacket that could accommodate the regulators until we finished checking in
with AC you get 2 pieces of 10kgs each, i could easily travel with just that without checked luggage

You have to remember that Air Canada is about the only game in town for Canadians. There is some competition from WestJet domestically and to a few destinations like Cancun and a few Caribbean destinations. Canada does not have multi airlines like JetBlue, American, Delta, United, etc. Although those airlines do fly in and out of Canada...they are not Canadian. If I plan to fly to Indonesia or the Philippines, I fly to a US hub and catch a major international carrier.

Y... Canada does not have multi airlines like JetBlue, American, Delta, United, etc. Although those airlines do fly in and out of Canada...they are not Canadian....

...and they cannot fly from point to point within Canada, just in and out as stated.

...and they cannot fly from point to point within Canada, just in and out as stated.

yes, and if given the choice i will take Air Canada to Curacao for a 5 hour direct flight vs American with a stop over in Miami and a total of 9-10 hours travel time, not to mention the ridiculous exercise of going through US immigration in my own country, i hate that with a passion

I'm a Canadian based travel agent. I don't know what Canadians you have been talking too, but Air Canada is NOT popular. I only book them when they are the only airline offering a direct route to a destination. If possible, I use WestJet, much better airline.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom