airfare to Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kdietz

Contributor
Reaction score
I can't find any decent airfare and/or package trips to Cozumel from Dallas/Fort Worth.........I went three times last year and now the prices are almost double.

Always used Worry Free Vacations before, but they have drastically cut back on trips.

I'm not against flying to Cancun and taking the ferry from Playa del Carmen. Did that once last year and it wasn't bad.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Karl

I changed my plans when Continental wanted $600.00 + out of Austin. I went with a Funjet package out of DFW of air, room, food, drink, & taxes for a week was under $800.00. I believe their website is www.funjet.com

I checked the airfare rates on Travelocity from Dallas/Ft. Worth to Cozumel, prices started at $600. I also checked on this thru GlobalTravel and their prices $701.50 and on up. Looks like airfares are up, and it depends on the time of year you plan to fly there.

Apple Vacations has some good deals out of Denver, Chicago, St Louis, Atlanta, etc. It might be worth it to fly from Dallas to one of these cities and then pick up the Apple flight from there.

The web site is www.applevacations.com

Click on the Sizzlin specials then click on the last minute specials. From Denver, the airfare only for 4 nights is at $149 for specific dates. The flight leaves at 8:00a and arrives at 12:30p. The return leaves Coz at 1:30p and arrives in Denver around 4:30p

They also have deals on air and lodging that are pretty good. Around $600 for 7 nights including air and all-inclusive.

I have found that it is worth it to check the different cities. Sometimes there are good specials from one city and not any of the others. And the deal may be good enough to justify a flight from Dallas to that city, although it does make for a longer day to get there. Or to catch the 8am flight you might have to start the night before.

I really did not want to fly into cancun, but it would have been almost double to fly into Coz. I am going through Bay Adventures, and I have to fly into Cancun (they are checking on some way to fly into Coz, but it looks like I have to fly into Cancun). Also, there is a possibility that I can't even fly out of Sacramento either (it won't be available at a discount rate soon). Just more hurdles to jump.

Sharkman
:guitar:

Hi, Sharkman!

Let me give you a little heads up on the Cancun to Coz leg of your trip:

(1) Very frequently they keep delaying the flight until a full airplane is finally acheived. Sometimes this can take 4-6 hours, a long time to cool your heels in a fairly boring airport.

(2) Make certain that your luggage is NOT overweight. Frequently, but not everytime, they weigh luggage in Cancun and charge an ungodly sum, I am told, if you are even a pound over. This happened to several folks last Spring when I was on Coz--you learn all sorts of things sipping virgin pina coladas whilst dangling your toes in the pool! By the way, the "victims" mainly got hit with the wt. of their scuba luggage.

For years, due to issues like those above, we have chosen to go the non-stop Houston to Coz route on Continental. It is worth every penny! You might consider giving these guys a shot at your business:

http://www.islandream.com

They have always done well by me.

Scorpionfish

Getting from Cancun to Cozumel by taxi and ferry really isn't bad at all.

Taxis are available as soon as you walk out of the airport........I remember $50 for 2..........bus is very cheap..........35min ride to Playa del Carmen.........ferry runs every hour...........

It was seamless and fun............a lot cheaper than the puddlejumper and probably faster

Karl

Ditto kdietz...
I've done the trip both ways (air from Cancun to Coz and via the Cancun-Playabus-ferry route) and the "land" route wins hands down for me. MUCH cheaper than flying, usually a shorter time in transit (unless you get lucky and the puddle jumper is on time- not always a sure thing) and no baggage weight hassles, plus I can stop in Playa (a favorite place) for lunch and a "welcome back" cerveza before getting on the ferry! In fact, the last few trips I've stayed in Playa a couple nights and done some cavern diving too- great fun and a very different experience than open water.

Have a great trip!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom