Airtravel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pearly

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Seems like it's getting harder to bring even my regulator and small equipment on board these days. Overhead compartments are often not available.

No reason to carry your regulator on board.
By "not available," do you mean there are none, or there is no space left by the time you board?

No reason to carry your regulator on board.
By "not available," do you mean there are none, or there is no space left by the time you board?
Space used up.

If you are flying economy class, then by the time you board, the first or business class cabins should already be boarded and settled in with their champaign and bloody mary's . Make sure to check those first class overheads for any leftover or available space......

If you are flying economy class, then by the time you board, the first or business class cabins should already be boarded and settled in with their champaign and bloody mary's . Make sure to check those first class overheads for any leftover or available space......
Good luck playing that game.

Question is: Why does a regulator bag not fit under the seat in front of you? Wait, maybe the OP is trying to bring on a rollerbag in group 5?

One of the perks of an airline sponsored CC other than a free checked bag is you maintain boarding priority while flying basic. I may be in the back of the plane, but I’m usually one of the first ones there with plenty of overhead space. 😎

Good luck playing that game.

It's no game..... Just common sense. If the space is not being used, and all the first class folks are already boarded...... then why not use it?

It's no game..... Just common sense. If the space is not being used, and all the first class folks are already boarded...... then why not use it?

Because the attendants will stop you if they catch you.

In the end, after the plane is fully or almost fully boarded they may let you park your back elsewhere.

Seems like it's getting harder to bring even my regulator and small equipment on board these days. Overhead compartments are often not available.
I’ve recently read in Europe the budget airlines are looking at doing away with overhead lockers, requiring all baggage to be checked in. It would speed up boarding and exiting the plane allowing quicker turnarounds.

I’ve recently read in Europe the budget airlines are looking at doing away with overhead lockers, requiring all baggage to be checked in. It would speed up boarding and exiting the plane allowing quicker turnarounds.
Many European airlines already have the smallest bag requirements. This would require everyone to reclaim their luggage at baggage claim, that would suck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom