Airtravel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Many European airlines already have the smallest bag requirements. This would require everyone to reclaim their luggage at baggage claim, that would suck.
They’re not interested in what happens to the passengers once off the plane, the airline would have their plane back in the air earning money.

One of the perks of an airline sponsored CC other than a free checked bag is you maintain boarding priority while flying basic. I may be in the back of the plane, but I’m usually one of the first ones there with plenty of overhead space. 😎
I have been using an airline sponsored CC for many years and believe this is one of the best investments you can make to avoid disappointment with your carry on. Being able to board in Zone 2 and getting ahead of the crowd is worth every $ for the premium CC. The other problem is that folks are bringing more carry on than ever before and there is little policing of this at the gate.

Every airline should enforce the size and weight of the hand carry! PERIOD.
No hard case trolley bag should ever be allowed inside the cabin regardless of size and weight.

I’ve recently read in Europe the budget airlines are looking at doing away with overhead lockers, requiring all baggage to be checked in. It would speed up boarding and exiting the plane allowing quicker turnarounds.
I have no problem with that as long as 7kg free allowance is still available.

Every airline should enforce the size and weight of the hand carry!
This...^....^...
How many times do you see people shoving 2 carryon bags [or more!] Of all sizes per person into the overhead lockers and the cabin crew trying to find a locker for the people doing the right thing with the right size, weight and number of bags.:mad:
I’ve recently read in Europe the budget airlines are looking at doing away with overhead lockers, requiring all baggage to be checked in. It would speed up boarding and exiting the plane allowing quicker turnarounds.
I am all for it, the idiots standing as soon as the plane lands, pulling their crap from the overhead lockers, standing of ages waiting like cattle to go down the cattle race to the exit banging their bags along.
One small bag under the seat is all you need.

Apparently you are not an underwater photographer.
Correct, the only time I have taken a camera underwater was a 'work dive', and even then it was a Nikonos.

If you are flying economy class, then by the time you board, the first or business class cabins should already be boarded and settled in with their champaign and bloody mary's . Make sure to check those first class overheads for any leftover or available space......
if I'm on the aircraft they'll be full up with my 2 carry ons, full of my regs, computers, batteries for lights etc :)

If the airlines want to do away with carryon (not a bad idea if you take into account the time wasted by people looking to stow stuff, but then we have the battery issue) rather than take the F you give me $$$ maybe they could look at providing one checked bag in the ticket price again?

The airlines are on a post Covid high and will just keep pushing the limits until people stop flying, I’m already there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom