Aiyanar - dive pricing expensive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wiggsy, for me Bali rates far higher than Bunaken, speaking about colors try Toyapakeh you'll see that any part of Likuan walls looks really bland compared to it.

If you REALLY want color do me a favor and dive both Sahaung and Batu Pendita nearby Bangka island, that is the best part of Sulawesi, as much fish as you can get ...

Like I told before, I'm coming back from Duma/Dauin, macrowise the place is not bad with tons of frogfish and ghostpipefish but to be honest it lacks the variety of Anilao or Bali. Apo island was a huge disappointment as well : where's the fish gone? and speaking about corals I've seen so much better than that... that said topside life was good enough to consider coming back for a short break, thanks to Mike's dive operation.

Well, I didn't think about Atmosphere which might justify such a high price, (I dived once with Mactan ShangriLa's dive op : 75USD for a single dive... wow... you weren't even allowed to stand with your tank on your back, it would have humiliated them, the warmed towels were 2 inches thick, you could have as many as you wanted) In fact, I had another dive center in mind... with high prices but not that comfortable

Stunning shots....I regret that my group were largely unwilling to get up early enough to get up to the Bangka Islands from Siladen (another fabulous dive resort)....Atmosphere had warm cologne towels also and you did nothing but enjoy the dive 0 very full and professional service and the food derserving of a michelin star. I might have look more deeply into Toyapakeh - cos that's my type of diving looking at that superb image. Sad to hear about fish life leaving Apo - maybe the Typhoon had a big impact,

I regret that my group were largely unwilling to get up early enough to get up to the Bangka Islands from Siladen (another fabulous dive resort)....Atmosphere had warm cologne towels also and you did nothing but enjoy the dive 0 very full and professional service and the food derserving of a michelin star. I might have look more deeply into Toyapakeh - cos that's my type of diving looking at that superb image.

Next time you go to N/Sulawesi try Gangga island resort, prices in the Siladen/Atmosphere range. For me the best organized dive resort I've seen, not from the thickness of towels but for the general quality of dive organization, boats, guides, etc.

As for food, if you try again Bali for diving Nusa Penida, stay at Indiana Kenanga on Lembongan, chef Clément deserves a star too.

Next time you go to N/Sulawesi try Gangga island resort, prices in the Siladen/Atmosphere range. For me the best organized dive resort I've seen, not from the thickness of towels but for the general quality of dive organization, boats, guides, etc.

As for food, if you try again Bali for diving Nusa Penida, stay at Indiana Kenanga on Lembongan, chef Clément deserves a star too.

Yes - Gangga is a great option - some of the dive guides at Siladen had come down from Gangga - I've been in touch with the manager (Gaspare I think..?) a few times trying to organise a trip there. In 2009 he didn't want our group 'taking over' the resort...(?) We tried again in 2013 but he felt his dive operation was not big enough to cope with a group of our size (25 plus divers plus snorkellers). It can be a problem having such a large group, but then it is nice diving with 25 of your best friends each year too! Thanks Luko for your input.

Will second Indiana kenanga, the chef is a gastronomique genius. The 2 meals I had there 2 years ago are still in the top 5 meals I have had, including some Michelin star restaurants! And in Indonesia as well.......

Stirred fried onion with corned beef for breakfast! No Pinoy domestic helpers in HK would dare to serve them for breakfast unless it is for themselves.

What a comment ! geez !

We are back from our workshop with Alex Mustard held at Aiyanar hotel in Anilao . I promished to let you know how I did found the place , especially concerning the food .
The hotel is a nice place , with beautiful swimming pool and dive center , an excellent service , and rooms which might gain in some simple improvement as a desk for the computer that every underwater photographer carry with him and use every evening and a safe box .
Our room was situated apart from the main building very quiet and with a great bed as I asked for , with sea view it was very pleasant .
We were more or less 40 divers , but all has been well organise and we had two guides for 5 to 6 divers , individual box for rinsing the cameras . The beautiful camera room has been extend by one outside well equipped also . Finally being so many has not been a problem .
Last but not least and promished by the manager Marco the food as been really improved since December ( when Luko was there ) .We have very well eaten , Philippino dishes as Western one were excellent , we can’t complain about the food .
For the last evening there was a party and the « Lechon Baboy « ( whole young grilled pork ) came by plane from Cebu ( cooked ;-) ) as it’s supposed to be the best in the whole Philippines .
Yes they have make efforts for the food , and I hope that every divers coming there we’ll be also as satisfy as we have been , and that this quality will continue .

I wish that my imperfect english will not cause any misunderstood , if it is I apologise for that in advance

For the last evening there was a party and the « Lechon Baboy « ( whole young grilled pork ) came by plane from Cebu ( cooked ;-) ) as it’s supposed to be the best in the whole Philippines .
Oh dear :)
(comment not directed to you girellator)

Hello Girellator… Thank you so much for the kind words… it was a pleasure having you and hopefully your tubbataha experience was a memorable one as well.
Looking forward to your return to Aiyanar…. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom