Aladin Air X Nitrox Fiasco !!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sydney_Diver once bubbled...
I was referring to the post by LUBOLD8431 stating that the batters in the wrist mounted computers where never replaced!!

Sorry !!!

The service tech at ScubaPro did tell me that in essence Lubold8431 is correct, they at ScubaPro did not change batteries, that was done in Switzerland..The puters that were shipped back from Switzerland were handed out in exchange for a customer with a battery change...The puter you (or dive shop) that was sent was not the puter that was returned, a refurbished with a new battery..!!!!
Again I apologize for my remarks...:rolleyes:

The UK mag Diver had a write in with the exact same situation as you, but the upgrade replacement in the UK was 102.5 pounds for models pre-Oct'98 and 81.50 pounds for models post Oct'98. With exchange rates, that is significantly less than the $300.00 you quoted.

The letter writer reports that "Not happy, i called Scubapro and ws told that IT WAS NOT POSSIBLE TO REPLACE THE BATTERY IN THIS COMPUTER WITHOUT DAMAGING THE CASE" (emphasis added by me)

And the UK sales manager responds "We offer a SERVICE EXCHANGE on ALL Aladin computers IF A BATTERY CHANGE IS REQUIRED or a fault develops." (emphasis added by me).

So anyway, technically Lubold is correct, but so is Sydney Diver.

Scubapro does replace batteries on ALL their Aladin computers... It's just that when they replace the battery, they replace the entire unit, which is actually a pretty good deal if the model is in stock because they essentially give you a new computer for the cost of a battery.

Maybe you should check your facts Sydnet diver or whatever.

I guess I have some one fighting my battles for me,,, Thanks!!!

If you have the right tools, (a screw driver)
and the right battery (Battery World)
And Silicon Cement local hardware

You can replace the battries in the old Uwatecs.

Hi guys,
Don't pay for the upgrade...Just do a batterychange!!!

I'm quite a newbie. :doctor: So I read a lot to catch up and learn and found the following. Hope it will help you guys.

But here the response from Scubapro.
(http://www.scubapro.de/support/faq/faq.asp)

The batterychange for the Air X will be handled as follows:
When you Air X has a battery capacity of less than 50% and is fully functional we will not change the battery in contrary you will receive a new Air Z.......

...Battery change has to be submitted via an authorised dealer.....

So if you change your battery via the dealer and he's sending it to uwatec/scubapro you get a new air z.
Don't send your transmitter along if its OK. Otherwise they'll charge you for that batterychange to.

I found out loads of dealers don't know anything about it.
Just contact uwatec
http://www.scubapro.de/support/contact/schweiz-formular.php

and they will confirm you the procedure.

Pingpong

Hey Ping

You can't get a new battery they do not make them anymore, you have to pay the for the upgrade.

Oke guys,

Once more....

If you do a batteryreplacement!!! and your Aladin Air is fully functional with less than 50% of batterypower Aladin will replace the computer with an Air Z.
(Reason: battery replacement is difficult, labour intensive and not always succesfull)

It's their policy as stated on their website.
Here in Europe a batteryreplacement will be charged as follow:
80 Euro (75$) for an Aladin Air X
90 Euro (85$) for an Aladin Air X Nitrox of Aladin Air X O2

There's also a replacement for defective Aladin Air computers but they will charge you more.

Also all Aladin Air units produced in 1995 will be replaced for free with the new models.

So most shops aren't aware of this policy. That's why you have to contact Scubapro/Uwatec first. Get their confirmation and show that email to your dive-shop.
If you go to their website in Switserland you will be referred to Germany. Get your question to the following site

http://www.scubapro.de/support/cont...iz-formular.php

They will answer you normally within a day.

PingPong

Ok ping ,maybe you don't get it......

Ping we know that, over here the charge is $300 US.
The ***** is why should we have to upgrade a perfectly working computer, because they made it to hard or disontinued the battery.

Back
Top Bottom